Archery Exerciser

treillw

WKR
Would like to get my wife something to strengthen her muscles for archery. I know - shoot the bow, there is nothing better. Just kinda tough living in an apartment. Shooting the block a yard away on the kitchen counter isn't her favorite past time either haha.

Something in the 40-50 pound weight range would be good.

Thanks!

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Hey Treil I got a mixed set of brand new resistance bands with many different weights. Pay the shipping and I will send them your way. Shoot me a pm if you want them.

WakePraySlay

Lil-Rokslider
second the resistant bands and free weights with drawing motion reps
Free weights would be good I agree brotha! (y) In a apartment bands for sure would be the best bet. But resistance bands you can do the drawing motion. Don’t limit to just that. You wanna strengthen the muscles around the primary muscles used to draw a bow. It’ll limit the factor of tweaking something. Focus on a lot of the delts (front, side, and rear delts). As well as triceps and biceps. Also the lats(back).

blackdog of vt

Lil-Rokslider
My wife was in the same boat last year. I turned her on to Caroline Girvan on youtube and free weights and she went from barely pulling 30lbs to 55lbs in 3 months. She's got great complexes with things like renegade rows that are really great athletic workouts that target the areas we talk about. Total cost was 35$ for the weights, oh and 1700 for the bow lol.

I'll echo the resistance band recommendation and add that it's a good idea to include rotator cuff exercises for injury prevention. I bought a cheap set of Tribe Fitness bands from Amazon and do 20 reps per arm of each movement shown in the video below with light resistance as a warm up before upper body workouts or shooting my bow.

Last edited: