Archery Hunt Dates

swiftni

FNG
Waiting on draw results for ID, and doing some general hunt planning/prepping. Going to be my first archery mule deer hunt.

If I draw, season will open Aug 15, how important is it to be there for the opener? Hunting the last two weeks of August (8/22-Memorial) work way better for my work schedule and I’m trying to balance not dropping the ball at work and getting the most out of my hunt.

Will I be missing out on the best action by pushing my hunt back a week from the opener? I’m also thinking pressure might start to fade on the back half of my hunt (before memorial weekend) which could be to my advantage.

Look at the other season dates in your unit (controlled, general, elk, deer, etc). Typically for early archery there is little to no hunting pressure in most units. If you can hunt in August that would be ideal since there will be a flood of hunters come early September for elk.
I don’t think pushing your hunt back a week will be much of an issue as long as you’re there before any other general seasons open up

Last edited: