Archery Pronghorn Boots

burlap

FNG
I'm sure this has been covered multiple times over, but the search function doesn't work well when Danner names one of their boots "Pronghorn."

Anyways, I'm looking to get a softer soled, higher ankle, lighter weight, and cooler boot. Ironically, I have a set of Danner Pronghorns (insulated, and too heavy), and a set of Lowa Tibet GTX (too hot, and too stiff).

I'm looking at the Crispi Crossovers and the Salomon X Ultra 3 Mid GTX.

Any suggestions or experience to lead me away from the above?

Go to any European backpacking brand's site, and look at their synthetic upper "trekking" boots. They're generally a version of their top of the line light mountaineering boots, but with a lighter sole. "Approach" style boots could work well too.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

OP
burlap

burlap

FNG
Go to any European backpacking brand's site, and look at their synthetic upper "trekking" boots. They're generally a version of their top of the line light mountaineering boots, but with a lighter sole. "Approach" style boots could work well too.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk
I was hoping for something a little more specific. I've tried looking at the various websites, and everyone has different terms/ratings for everything.

Lol I'll do your homework then ;) I recommend these brands over Salewa because of longevity/durability, and over Crispi because I feel like they're the Vortex of boots...

Garmont: Rambler, G-Trail, Ushuaya
Salewa: Mountain Trainer Lite Mid, Alp Trainer Mid, Crow
La Sportiva: TXS, Eclipse, Nucleo High, Trango Trek
Asolo: Drifter, Finder, Falcon GV
Hanwag: Tatra Light, Belorado II, Makra Combi