Archery release types, can we talk science? Or does it matter?

TX_hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I've seen more D-Loops damaged from caliper-style releases than any other type, I've also seen them misfire due to worn D-Loops pulling between the calipers. IMO a hook is better for that reason when using a wrist strap.
Personally, I love my handheld, 99% of the time while hunting I'm not shooting, I'm walking, adding and removing layers, eating, craping and everything else, it was so nice to finally get rid of that wrist strap! I carry a carter in my front pant pocket and have had zero issues being able to get it out and make a shot, I do keep a spare in my pack just in case but I always carried a spare wrist strap as well.

I've had that happen. I won't use a release again that uses caliper that lets the d loop slip through.

If you’re debating from a strict accuracy perspective, I think that there are probably 5 archers in the world that could actually “shoot the difference” in those releases. Most people just aren’t good enough to tell.

Once you tune your bow and arrow for your setup, you’re getting good flight with whatever release you use. Good flight equals accuracy.