Archery shop with zero skill set

J-Daddy

WKR
The Bow Time Machine is great, buddy of mine bought one last year and it's a killer press that will work on pretty much anything out there from a kids bow to a crossbow to a long target rig and it's super fast to boot. I've gotta custom built EZ Press style press but want to get rid of it and get a Time Machine.

jmez

WKR
I actually have really good shops in my area but still have an EZ press and do my own work. It is a real pain to have to run to a shop because you need your peep turned. I usually change strings once a year and always change out the factories so I find it very useful to have the press.

It isn't hard to learn how to do your own work either. Bows just aren't that complicated.

Here is a couple pics of the bow time machine! Such a sweet piece of equipment. Bow press one way, flip the bow sideways and it is a draw board. Can mount it on a bench or use the stand for portable!

DSC00902_zps292c8b9b.jpg

DSC00903_zps79250800.jpg

armyjoe

Super Moderator
That bow time machine looks pretty bad ass. I notice that you must have the original version because the newer ones have a bar in front of the riser so kind of catches the bow if you forget to hold when you release it from the vertical press.

I have to say, if I was ever in the need for a press I'd definitely go with the bow time

That bow time machine looks pretty bad ass. I notice that you must have the original version because the newer ones have a bar in front of the riser so kind of catches the bow if you forget to hold when you release it from the vertical press.

I have to say, if I was ever in the need for a press I'd definitely go with the bow time

Yea your right, I must have an old version. I got it a couple of years ago. Although I don't use it much, it is nice to have it when I need to use it. Living up in the mountains I'm a few hours from a shop. Beats having to drive somewhere to rotate a peep or something. It is great for timing as you can draw the bow. Flip and press and twist cables. All in the same area!

OBP

WKR
Awesome thanks Justin. Is that the tripod they sell as an accessory for the stand?

Awesome thanks Justin. Is that the tripod they sell as an accessory for the stand?

Yes sir! It works great. I haven't permanently mounted it because I like the option of being able to move it around. If a friend needs it or something then I can take it.

OP
vcb

vcb

WKR
Hey Justin school me on the "draw board" so you can set the press sideways and you said u can use it as a draw board....what does that mean? Sorry don't have much experience with presses

I meant to take a pic. But the press stays in the same place. You flip the bow sideways thou. The bottom pegs holds the handle and you connect a metal rod to the top peg which connects to the string. You crank the press up and it pulls the string. Works really quick and nice. Fast to go from draw board to press!

Here is a pic I stole off the internet.
bow_time_machine_draw_board_zpsbdfa48e1.jpg

I also found a video on you tube of how the press works.

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEeWp-I6bOo>

armyjoe

Super Moderator
Hey Justin,

Did you order directly or did you know someone around here that you got it from? I'm pretty sure they don't have any dealers and are a small in house operation

Got it directly from them. yea they are small operation. But make a great product,

Hey Justin,

Did you order directly or did you know someone around here that you got it from? I'm pretty sure they don't have any dealers and are a small in house operation

Danielboone

Lil-Rokslider
I meant to take a pic. But the press stays in the same place. You flip the bow sideways thou. The bottom pegs holds the handle and you connect a metal rod to the top peg which connects to the string. You crank the press up and it pulls the string. Works really quick and nice. Fast to go from draw board to press!

Here is a pic I stole off the internet.
bow_time_machine_draw_board_zpsbdfa48e1.jpg

I also found a video on you tube of how the press works.

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEeWp-I6bOo>
Don't use that cable to pull back your bow anymore. Contact them for the new version, which is a steel bar and much better. Mine snapped when drawing the bow and busted my BG Ascent and some other things. They replaced my sight and sent me out the new version. They have great CS.

OP
vcb

vcb

WKR
Thanks Evan, My next bow I will probably come down to the hut!

armyjoe

Super Moderator
vcb,

definitely go down and see Evan for a bow. Worth ever mile of the drive for me. Thats one smart dude when it comes to setting up your bow right. He really helped me out and got me all set up. I'm actually rolling down there soon to look at maybe getting another bow