Archery Sight Light help

J.J.Boo

Lil-Rokslider
I am shopping for a new archery sight light that doesn’t use wires. Let me know what y’all are using and what’s best. I appreciate it

JDZ

WKR
In my experience, none are stellar performers.

Apex is garbage.
Spot Hogg is poor to fair.
TruGlo is manageable.
Black Gold is satisfactory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
J

J.J.Boo

Lil-Rokslider
In my experience, none are stellar performers.

Apex is garbage.
Spot Hogg is poor to fair.
TruGlo is manageable.
Black Gold is satisfactory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So you would go with the Black Gold then? Also do you know what the threads are on it?

JDZ

WKR
So you would go with the Black Gold then? Also do you know what the threads are on it?

I would, but the mounting leaves a lot to be desired. It has a more coarse thread than the Spot Hogg and TruGlo. Not exactly sure which thread it is. I'll try to figure it out.

OP
J

J.J.Boo

Lil-Rokslider
I would, but the mounting leaves a lot to be desired. It has a more coarse thread than the Spot Hogg and TruGlo. Not exactly sure which thread it is. I'll try to figure it out.
thank you! i just need someone to come out with a great sight light with no wires

OP
J

J.J.Boo

Lil-Rokslider
man not a lot of people chiming in on this. does anyone else have any recommendations?

JDZ

WKR
Also do you know what the threads are on it?
Looks like 3/8-24 thread.

Also, I notice Apex has a new light out that rotates like other brands. Maybe it's better than the ones I had from them that had a push button.

OP
J

J.J.Boo

Lil-Rokslider
Looks like 3/8-24 thread.

Also, I notice Apex has a new light out that rotates like other brands. Maybe it's better than the ones I had from them that had a push button.
thank you for looking that up!

rm06

WKR
man not a lot of people chiming in on this. does anyone else have any recommendations?

They're illegal to hunt with in CO therefore no experience. I can't say for certain but I believe a lot of states have restrictions on the use of electronics on bows as they're considered primitive weapons

They're illegal to hunt with in CO therefore no experience. I can't say for certain but I believe a lot of states have restrictions on the use of electronics on bows as they're considered primitive weapons

Yep...same here in Montana...nothing “electronic” can be attached to the bow.

OP
J

J.J.Boo

Lil-Rokslider
thank you so what would you recommend then?

JDZ

WKR
Nothing says you can't use a sight light indoors or on the 3D range in Montana or Colorado.

I hunted Colorado with my Black Gold Ascent Verdict and did not miss not having a light. Pins were good to last shooting light.

Nothing says you can't use a sight light indoors or on the 3D range in Montana or Colorado.

I hunted Colorado with my Black Gold Ascent Verdict and did not miss not having a light. Pins were good to last shooting light.

True. I made the assumption that the OP was asking about a hunting application...

OP
J

J.J.Boo

Lil-Rokslider
i have a sureloc lethal Weapon RED 5pin (.019) with retina lock also and that brings in alot of light. but i just switched to the spot hogg Hogg Father (.010) and i will need a light on that