Archery vs gun hunting

I have hunted Antelope on private ground with the gun (trespass hunt) and I'm thinking about doing a archery hunt the first week sept so I can be the first person to hunt this property (can't hunt it the first week of gun season). Do you think I have a better chance getting a big buck in Sept or in gun season after they are shot at and some of the bigger buck were taken? This is also for deer as well.

Laramie

WKR
I think it really depends on the type, size, and location of the property. Archery antelope hunting can be pretty easy if they are consistently watering at the same place. It can also be very challenging if you are trying to spot and stalk on a small to medium property. You may only get one chance before you push them to the neighbors. As for the deer, again it depends. On some properties, I believe it's easier to kill a big buck early. Can you pattern them. Do they water at the same tank? etc...

OP
Y
That's a good point (I should have pointed out). I don't think I will be able to set up a blind and let them get used to it and there is some small streams coming off of the mountain they can drink from.
I think it really depends on the type, size, and location of the property. Archery antelope hunting can be pretty easy if they are consistently watering at the same place. It can also be very challenging if you are trying to spot and stalk on a small to medium property. You may only get one chance before you push them to the neighbors. As for the deer, again it depends. On some properties, I believe it's easier to kill a big buck early. Can you pattern them. Do they water at the same tank? etc...

Laramie

WKR
That's a good point (I should have pointed out). I don't think I will be able to set up a blind and let them get used to it and there is some small streams coming off of the mountain they can drink from.
How big is the property?

Laramie

WKR
Unless you feel really good about your archery skills, I would stick with rifle. Best option would be to hunt both seasons.