Archery with kid in child carrier backpack?

I hadn't read this, hadn't paid it much attention.

I have buddies shooting all the time with back pack carriers. I can't say it's good for your practice, probably give you target panic. But if you can go thru my 3d course and score hits with a kid bouncing around on your back, it's probably not the worse thing, or it will ruin you with target panic.

Keep them far enough back they can't grab the string without feeling where they are. Seems easy enough, I don't carry them much. When you are the horse you know what the dynamic load on your back is doing.

Give them a sling shot too.

stonewall

WKR

FWIW
That’s awesome. Thanks for sharing

sndmn11

WKR
I have buddies shooting all the time with back pack carriers. I can't say it's good for your practice, probably give you target panic.

I honestly think that it helps immensely because you are forced to accept a wide float, almost like shooting in the wind. Once you hit that point mentally and are able to execute a smooth surprise release with the eye's focus on the spot, you learn that darned near every time the arrow finds that spot and your confidence takes off. I think target panic comes from shooters being able to stop the pin on enough shots that they think it is how it should always happen, so when it waivers a little off of a dead stop, panic ensues.

My boy talks the whole time, or calls in the elk/moose/whatever so he is never still. He has done this enough that he doesn't jump around or do anything that would take me off target. He genuinely watches and I think has better eye sight than either me or @KickinNDishin because he will tell us we did awesome, or ask what happened.

Like previously said as long as those little hands aren’t getting in the mix. I was contemplating this until I had a buddy fail to fully knock his arrow and his bow blew apart sending pieces everywhere.

Pflum

FNG
Having 30 pounds moving around on my back definitely doesn't improve my shooting, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do. She loves riding in the pack, gets us outside, and a built in excuse for every bad shot.
I've never had an issue with her grabbing the string, not sure she can even reach it.25785.jpeg