Arco tripod head- Jim White 2.0 vs Wiser nighthawk

Mk7mmSTW

WKR
I’ve narrowed this down to these 2 heads. Im not interested in other models. Does anyone have any feedback on either or hopefully both? Not a lot out there on the Wiser head.

Thanks!

BBob

WKR
I have a Gen 1 White head I used for decades. Great head. The 2.0 version was an improvement by going to std ARCA plates, Gen 1 is more of a modified proprietary ARCA. I've preferred my Outdoorsmans Pan head to it lately but still use the JW. I know nothing of the Wiser.

Drenalin

WKR
I haven't used the Outdoorsman, but bought the Wiser toward the end of last year. We don't do a ton of glassing where I hunt, but using it during late season and throughout this spring, I love it with binos. Haven't put a spotter on it because I don't have much need for one, so I can't speak to that. But the weight and smoothness of the head is excellent. I was pleasantly surprised it's as good as it is.

OP
Mk7mmSTW

Mk7mmSTW

WKR
I haven't used the Outdoorsman, but bought the Wiser toward the end of last year. We don't do a ton of glassing where I hunt, but using it during late season and throughout this spring, I love it with binos. Haven't put a spotter on it because I don't have much need for one, so I can't speak to that. But the weight and smoothness of the head is excellent. I was pleasantly surprised it's as good as it is.
I’ve read the panning has a memory and it likes to pull back to were it was previously. You experience that at all?

6.5x284

WKR
I have the Wiser and love it. Had an outdoorsman previously which is very comparable to the JW 2.0. Personally, I have zero issues with my Wiser with binos, and my spotter (ATX 85). I could see a BTX or the 95/115 maybe being too much for it. Buy my 85 locks down tight and pans great.

OP
Mk7mmSTW

Mk7mmSTW

WKR
I have the Wiser and love it. Had an outdoorsman previously which is very comparable to the JW 2.0. Personally, I have zero issues with my Wiser with binos, and my spotter (ATX 85). I could see a BTX or the 95/115 maybe being too much for it. Buy my 85 locks down tight and pans great.
👍👍
Now you have me thinking…. I was all but sold on the White 2.0 as I run my STS 80 a lot and had/still have slight doubts on the wiser being stable…

6.5x284

WKR

Now you have me thinking…. I was all but sold on the White 2.0 as I run my STS 80 a lot and had/still have slight doubts on the wiser being stable…

Just so I’m not misleading I glass with binos 85% of the time and a spotter to confirm or pick out shadows and super far stuff. Again for me I don’t have any issues panning or locking my ATX down. I don’t glass through the spotter as my main method however. Just want to make sure you were tracking how I use my spotter to glass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisAU

WKR
I just got the Wiser a few weeks ago and while it hasn't been on a hunting trip yet, I have played with it a good bit at home and on the range. I haven't found any problem with bounce back,

OP
Mk7mmSTW

Mk7mmSTW

WKR
Just so I’m not misleading I glass with binos 85% of the time and a spotter to confirm or pick out shadows and super far stuff. Again for me I don’t have any issues panning or locking my ATX down. I don’t glass through the spotter as my main method however. Just want to make sure you were tracking how I use my spotter to glass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We are in the exact same boat as I do exactly the same. I’m too on the fence so I’ll likely grab them both and just sell the one I like the least.

BBob

WKR
I just looked at the Wiser. It looks like it is more inline and comparable to the OD Micro. I'll bet the JW 2.0 is a more stable head especially with the spotting scope.