Arctery atom lt

Rommy

Lil-Rokslider
So when I hunt I typically where 4 layers in my kit like most people around here: first lite aerowool base layer, Sitka core heavyweight hoody mid layer, down/synthetic puffy (uncompahgre or kifaru lpp, and a first lite seak rain shell .

However, I recently purchased an Arc’teryx Atom LT hoody to replace my fleece mid layer because it’s about the same weight, can withstand rain and wind better, and is warmer. It is marketed as a midlayer also.!

However, when I received it, It’s a lot bulkier than I thought because it has synthetic insulation.

My question is: is this not a true midlayer? Can I wear a puffy jacket over it? Or when arc’teryx says to use it as a mid layer do they mean to use a rain shell over it? Is the atom lt now my insulation/puffy layer?

Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slowelk

WKR
I have the hoody, jacket, and vest, so you could say I like the atom lt. They all do double duty is mid-layers and outer layers and perform well when active and stationary. I prefer synthetic to down, and really don't care about the weight or bulk difference - it's negligible to me due to the warm when wet factor.

Get out and use it and see how you think it works. That said, I would not wear it under a down puffy unless I'm stationary for a long period. An added bonus to these is that the material is relatively quiet, or at least a lot better than other down options.

To answer your specific question, I would imagine arteryx envisioned it as the layer under your hardshell. I wear it over my sitka core heavyweight.

bates

WKR
I dont have the atom but can i make an assumption its like the kelvin active from sitka?

at least possibly similar, maybe the arcteryx blocks wind a bit better?

to me they are like hybrid type jacket, not a true what i would call puffy and what i mean by that is a wind block warm jacket that you wear while not moving. ie glassing or at camp

but it sounds like a jacket you can hunt or hike in and not burn up, its quieter, so to me its a hybrid.

do you need a puffy? depends, probably so if it can get cold or you are doing alot of glassing. can you wear a puffy over it, you bet if its cold enough.

early season i probably wouldnt take it, later when its colder add it in

not sure if that helps or i am right but my thoughts on the kelvin active, i deifinatley like it but wouldn't consider it a stay warm puffy.

OP
R

Rommy

Lil-Rokslider
I dont have the atom but can i make an assumption its like the kelvin active from sitka?

to me they are like hybrid type jacket, not a true what i would call puffy and what i mean by that is a wind block warm jacket that you wear while not moving. ie glassing or at camp

but it sounds like a jacket you can hunt or hike in and not burn up, its quieter, so to me its a hybrid.

do you need a puffy? depends, probably so if it can get cold or you are doing alot of glassing. can you wear a puffy over it, you bet if its cold enough.

not sure if that helps or i am right but my thoughts on the kelvin active, i deifinatley like it but wouldn't consider it a stay warm puffy.

So it’s kind of like a soft shell? Because the only time I wear a soft shell is if it’s so cold I know it’s not coming off my body. But I still wear fleece under it and puffy over it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's like a kelvin lite with less insulation.

It's a basic layering puffy that breathes well - 60 gram of synthetic insulation.

I loved mine so much I wore it nearly every day casually and the loft declined significantly.