Arc'teryx Law Enforcement & Armed Forces Packs

Wrongside

WKR
R,

I'm a longtime Arcteryx user and fan of much of their stuff. I do think that they peaked awhile ago, at least in the area of packs. The old 'Made in Canada' Boras were awesome packs, for quality and design.

For what they are asking for the LEAF stuff, there are better, and even cheaper options, IMO. A used MR or Kifaru could be had cheaper. Or for that matter, a guy on a budget could do much worse than to find a used Bora80 or 95 and rock on.

Mannsbuick

Lil-Rokslider
Arcteryx LEAF Charlie Pack in croc! Made in Canada!! For EDC It's the absolute best!! "Buy once cry once" bombproof..good luck finding one, I am really glad i have mine. I also LOVE my Kifaru Late Season g2..one of the 1st ones made

Iltasyuko

FNG
My arcteryx experience is with a Canada made Bora 80 - one of those true classic products that hold their value for top notch quality and design.

deadwolf

WKR
I use a lot of Arcteryx products, and the new Bora AR 63 pack looks awesome. If they expand on that pack line and make a bigger one like the old Boras, that'll make things interesting for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kodiakfly

WKR
Guess they are too new - and not Kifaru. Will try this again in a few months.

I'm with others in that Arc'teryx is awesome, but they may be past their prime. Are these made in Canada or China? I don't know. I had a whole line of Bora packs and still have a 40 and they are awesome packs. But now, yeah, I do run Kifarus because their customer service, price and quality is in line with their price, but some of those Arc'teryx packs are more than Kifaru and are smaller with fewer personalization options. I'm military, so I do get a price on LEAF, and I have some LEAF stuff that is awesome, but it's still out of my personal and professional price range. I'm sure they're great packs...if my unit is paying for them.

Pierrebuiltknives

Lil-Rokslider
R,

I'm a longtime Arcteryx user and fan of much of their stuff. I do think that they peaked awhile ago, at least in the area of packs. The old 'Made in Canada' Boras were awesome packs, for quality and design.

For what they are asking for the LEAF stuff, there are better, and even cheaper options, IMO. A used MR or Kifaru could be had cheaper. Or for that matter, a guy on a budget could do much worse than to find a used Bora80 or 95 and rock on.
I have also been a long time arcteryx buyer but will no longer be buying anymore. I just bought a kifaru frame and a drybag to replace my Arrakis 65 (made in canada).
They have lost that rugged badass design element.
They started making everything overseas.
They stopped making there cuts for real people and are making stuff cut so tight a large is tight on my shoulders.
I almost burned my bird hat the other day in a act of being done.
I spoke with somone on the phone there who said it aint the company she started at.
For the last 12 years I have had their hardshells and hardshell pants. My RT45 pack is finally breAking down after 13years of use.
But i am going to be buying from cottage companies and usa made going forward or DIYing it.