Arc’Teryx leaf

CAVEBEAR

FNG
No experience with the gen 2 products, but I have most of their LEAF line for work. All their stuff has been good to me with no issues. I wouldn't anticipate any issues with their gen 2 line.

OP
S
No experience with the gen 2 products, but I have most of their LEAF line for work. All their stuff has been good to me with no issues. I wouldn't anticipate any issues with their gen 2 line.

Thanks man.

I was thinking about grabbing those jackets for hiking,hunting, and around town.

bobbyrowman

Lil-Rokslider
I have an alpha lt jacket. Use it up here in BC and it hasn't let me down. Top drawer gear.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

I have not used the ones you mentioned but used the Leaf Naga pullover last year and it worked amazing. Too hot to wear on the move, but when stationary it was like having a sleeping bag on your torso, toasty warm regardless of below freezing temps, snow, and/or rain. Quality clothing.

OP
S
You guys ever use the cerium lt. Regular Arc’Teryx line.

I’m going away from Camo and more tech. Gear. I was wondering if the treated down is As great everyone is hyping it up to be.

I mean I feel like if it was extreme cutting edge Arc’Teryx would use it.

bobbyrowman

Lil-Rokslider

I’m going away from Camo and more tech. Gear. I was wondering if the treated down is As great everyone is hyping it up to be.

I don't have the cerium, but buddies do and they really like it. I've never used any of the treated down products, but all down compresses when wet eventually. I have a mountain hardwear down jacket and buddies run the arcteryx up here in BC, where it rains (a lot), just put a rain jacket over top. Usually just in the pack til glassing or sitting around, will have a synthetic one on if I'm needing it all day.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

I have a hooded cerium lt that i wear all the time. It's a nice down jacket and fits me better than my other various puffies. It has a thin lightweight shell that isn't going to block wind or hold up to much abrasion. Mine sports a nice patchwork of tenacious tape from the various cuts/tears in it. It fits in with some of the other 11 ish ounce puffies out there. I'd probably look at the SG grumman if buying again. It will be a little warmer and have a slightly tougher face fabric than the cerium but it doesn't fit me as well.

I have mixed feelings about the mix of down and synthetic. Their intention makes sense but I just dont like the fact that the synthetic insulations loft will be quickly diminished when the down is good to go through countless compression cycles still.

I think the Cold WX looks like a great jacket. I wonder how pack able it will be though.

OP
S
I think the Cold WX looks like a great jacket. I wonder how pack able it will be though.
I'm on the fence with that piece as well. From some research I've done the differences in insulation material between leaf and civilian make it hard to choice. The civilian seems to have better "tech" for insulation but is less durable and maybe shorter life span.

I have seen them go on sale for 20% off. If you wait a little they probably go on sale again. Fathers day is coming up.

prm

WKR
Don’t have the alpha, but the Atom LT is a favorite of mine. I have a regular one with hood and a LEAF version with no hood. Either worn over a thin base layer such as Aerowool and a Peleton 240 covers most of my needs. I add a Kifaru LPP if really cold and glassing/ not moving.