Arctic Air Unguided Caribou Hunt

DFloTN

FNG
If you google "arctic air caribou" this thread is the third result down...seems like the least someone could do in 2021 when planning is google who they are going on a hunt of a lifetime with
100% agreed. There's a lot more reading material available now than when we were booking for 2021, which is good.

I hope people will find information here on Arctic Air that goes beyond the references they provide from hunts that didn't have any challenges or complications. I also hope people will question whose interests "their booking agent" is looking out for. That was a learning experience for me. I wouldn't think of them as "my agent" any more than I would think of a car salesman as my representative to the dealership. (No offense to any car salesmen--in practice, I've had several good ones who were more helpful after the sale then our booking agent--but I think the general analogy holds true).

wreckem6

FNG
We were supposed to get to the field on the 12th but had 1 day delay due to the winds. Once out there we had a good hunt. Seemed like we were in a funnel, everything we saw was moving NORTH! to a drainage in the mountains north of us. On our midday break back at camp the second day we had a group of bulls show up and we pulled a quick "double". Just when you think nothing is happening... Had a visit from a grizz that night and let me tell you, when you put your headlamp in his face at 40' their eyes look like glowing tennis balls! He left but apparently returned, we lost one bag of meat and a piece of hide I was going to bring home to make a rug for the wife. Regardless, successful trip and no complaints with Arctic Air's service. twincedar, nice to meat you, let us know how you did!
Very nice!

In my opinion they could have done a few things that wouldn't have cost them a nickel and would have changed my entire opinion about their operation. For example, if your flying into a lake to pick up hunters who have lost all of there meat to bears and you have another group of hunters on the same lake wouldn't you offer to at least retrieve and safeguard meat and horns? I realize it's legally a little complicated but its a solveable problem.

This man knows what he is talking about. He took my son and I out and the first day we tagged out. Complete opposite results from my last trip and being YO YO’ed. thanks again and I may be calling you soon to book another hunt for 3-4 hunters in September.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slugz

WKR
This man knows what he is talking about. He took my son and I out and the first day we tagged out. Complete opposite results from my last trip and being YO YO’ed. thanks again and I may be calling you soon to book another hunt for 3-4 hunters in September.

Ptownhunter,

Could you please elaborate on who "this man" you are talking about ?

Walt. He is the pilot who took my son and I out the last time. He’s a young man who takes you to the herd. He doesn’t just dump you out there.

Slugz

WKR
Walt. He is the pilot who took my son and I out the last time. He’s a young man who takes you to the herd. He doesn’t just dump you out there.

Walt from Artic Air? What year was that?
Thanks

Bones24

FNG
Our trip got canceled with AA last September as well. Would be curious to know how many guys took the re-book option with them in '23 or '24, if any. Have been keeping up with this thread for awhile but was too dejected to jump into the fray. Appreciate all that shared their details.

KID

FNG
Our trip got canceled with AA last September as well. Would be curious to know how many guys took the re-book option with them in '23 or '24, if any. Have been keeping up with this thread for awhile but was too dejected to jump into the fray. Appreciate all that shared their details.
She gave us the rebook option but with a cost hike of course because of fuel. We told her we weren't interested in giving her more money. We asked for some money back via a couple emails. We've gotten no reply. We've given up on this hunt. It's crazy, they pocketed a lot of money from us for nothing. I'll never front All the money for a trip like this again, probably never attempt it again.

Slugz

WKR
She gave us the rebook option but with a cost hike of course because of fuel. We told her we weren't interested in giving her more money. We asked for some money back via a couple emails. We've gotten no reply. We've given up on this hunt. It's crazy, they pocketed a lot of money from us for nothing. I'll never front All the money for a trip like this again, probably never attempt it again.
Kid,
Were you able to recoup the money via insurance?

KID

FNG
We decided to take our chances, travel insurance burned us when we had to cancel in 2020

Slugz

WKR
For the sake of listing info for future hunters.

Half of our group used AIG. Seemed like a pretty straight forward process and within 2-3 months had their money.

I on the other hand used Allianz. 4-5 months later with lots of going back and forth communication I was reimbursed.

alaska_bou

Lil-Rokslider
Start by hiring an attorney send a demand letter. It is well worth the small relative cost. They WILL give you a full refund. I know this first hand. Don't settle for a higher priced rescheduled trip with a lousy transporter who has a criminal conviction history (true).

KID

FNG
It's been a pretty maddening experience. I'm happy for those guys that got to go and hunt and for all the guys with insurance that got their money back... We were scammed. Everything fell right in line for the insurance company, the booking agent and most importantly AA inc.

I know they got Covid relief money for 2020 In which they Didn't need because they have no loss when everyone pays Upfront. It's all public record and pretty easy to prove.... The groups that had to cancel should have gotten something back from that.

Then this last year.. we'll what a joke.

Also learning that another agent at outdoors Inc was literally hunting almost the exact same dates as ours. Wow.......

KID

FNG
Start by hiring an attorney send a demand letter. It is well worth the small relative cost. They WILL give you a full refund. I know this first hand. Don't settle for a higher priced rescheduled trip with a lousy transporter who has a criminal conviction history (true).
I tried every lawyer in my area... None of them want to touch it.

KID

FNG
We trusted everyone involved in our failed hunt to " do the right thing" unfortunately it never happened so this can only be 100 percent our fault as much as it pains me to admit.

Buyer beware of Arctic Air incorporated and Outdoors international.. you sign up, your on your own....