Arctic Shield Clothing

Muddler

Lil-Rokslider
Anybody have any experience with the Arctic Shield clothing? The boot covers are well spoken for but haven't seen much about the parkas and bibs. I need some late season gear and a full set of this stuff is substantially more affordable than than Sitka, FL, etc.

Elmer J. Fudd

Lil-Rokslider
I have two brothers that use it. We live in central Wisconsin and they use it for whitetail in November and coyotes in January. They stay warm in it. They pack it in a backpack cause if you wear it while moving you will be soaked in sweat in no time. The build quality isn't the best as they have both had issues with zippers. Overall though they are both pleased with it.

OP
M

Muddler

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the feedback. Was hoping there might be a few other people on here who are cheap too.

I have their older jacket, pants, beanie, and gloves. On one late season cow elk hunt I used them down to -12 F (not counting 35+ mph winds) with a base layer underneath. Here is what I found:

* They are very warm.
* They block the wind.
* They are well suited for stationary hunting (ex: sitting in a blind).
* They are not suited for elevated/sustained amounts of physical activity; you will overheat.
* The temperatures need to be cold all day.
* Gloves could be better.
* Will be the most refreshing leak you ever take when the heat escapes.
* Do not pass gas while wearing the pants/bibs. It will "stew".

I decided to keep the setup for potential future hunts where it'd be well suited; I do bring the jacket out a few times a year when waterfowl hunting if it is really cold.

Gnatboy911

Lil-Rokslider
Never heard of this brand until now...I'm going to look into it more. Thanks for the detailed review. I need a good late season parka and certainly can't afford some of the big names....

OP
M

Muddler

Lil-Rokslider
I have their older jacket, pants, beanie, and gloves. On one late season cow elk hunt I used them down to -12 F (not counting 35+ mph winds) with a base layer underneath. Here is what I found:

* They are very warm.
* They block the wind.
* They are well suited for stationary hunting (ex: sitting in a blind).
* They are not suited for elevated/sustained amounts of physical activity; you will overheat.
* The temperatures need to be cold all day.
* Gloves could be better.
* Will be the most refreshing leak you ever take when the heat escapes.
* Do not pass gas while wearing the pants/bibs. It will "stew".

I decided to keep the setup for potential future hunts where it'd be well suited; I do bring the jacket out a few times a year when waterfowl hunting if it is really cold.

Thanks for the info. Definitely what I wanted to hear. I'll keep my eyes peeled for some black friday deals.

I know this post is a little late but I bought a set of their bibs last year for a hunt in Saskatchewan and they were awesome, as others mentioned, pack them in and you’ll be good below zero. I had a few of their pieces and really like them for cold temps

OP
M

Muddler

Lil-Rokslider
Not too late. I'm going to pick up a set after the holidays. Great to hear it worked good in Saskatchewan. It seems like for the price, it can't be beat and makes spending big money on FL or Sitka edge towards moronic.

My advice would be to call them and see which setup would work best, they have a good customer service. My guide said be prepared for for negative 20, fortunately it never got that cold but I was prepared. Another good piece is the heater body suit. I honestly don’t think you can hunt Canada on an all day sit without it. With it you wear regular clothes in and slip it on once in the stand. It’s a good bit more money but well worth it.