Are camo pants important?

wytx

WKR
As stated by many, quietness is more important than the color.
I would steer clear of any cotton though, if you get damp from sweat or anything, when the sun goes down hypothermia is a real possibility in the mountains. Quick drying or wicking fabrics would be best.

Snyder talks up the prAna zion pants a fair bit. I've never used them but my camo hunting pants are getting pretty worn so I'll likely go with the zions next, just to try something different.

I don't believe the camo is as important as some people believe, but I also like to wear camo because I feel like I need all the help I can get.
I just bought a pair, super comfortable!!!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

In Oregon on the coast where we were all funneled into the same timber co land, I mostly wore camo so other hunters didn’t see me as easy, they all need to stop and have a chat. Over west here not really an issue.

LostArra

WKR
Pants priority:
1. Earth tone color(s) - I've never purchased florescent color pants but who knows they may work fine.
2. Fit
3. Price- pretty close with #4
4. Appropriate temperature management (mountain hunting or treestand hunting, early or late season)
5. Noise
6. Pocket layout and design (no baggy saggy cargo pockets with single button closure and NO VELCRO)

20. Camo

Many times late season pants that meet criteria 1thru 6 are camo hunting pants.

I will buy solid pants if they are 10 bucks less than the camo version (which is common) I think if an animal sees you for what you are based on solid colored pants, you didn't have a chance to begin with.... I don't think it matters even a little bit.

I also don't put much into camo patterns for my tops, i'm always mis-matched, and if I find an article I want in a pattern I wouldn't choose, i'll buy it because of my confidence in it not mattering one bit.

I have been close to bunches of critters in all different patterns, cannot think of one time being busted because of camo or lack of.

it may matter some places, but mostly not... sitka's treestand pattern is bright and blue and people kill lots of deer in it, and that's a color normally avoided in the woods, haha.

I don't like any sitka patterns, but I like some of their clothing articles so I own a good amount.... I like darker earth tone bottoms, like the first lite pine, but not particular enough to really care much

kfili

Lil-Rokslider
I love the fit and performance of my stretch zions. Camo doesn't seem to help much i get busted in all sorts of clothing

TBHasler

WKR
Everyone else is avoiding it, so I’ll man up and say what needs to be said...NO! It is ONLY about the face paint

I just bought a pair, super comfortable!!!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I've got a few pairs of Zions from when I used to do a lot of rock climbing. They are super comfortable but I think there is quite a break in time to get them trad quiet. I have 2 pairs I'd hunt in and a pair that still swishes when I walk