Are judo points the silver bullet they’re made out to be?

Windigo

Lil-Rokslider
In the market for some new small game points. Previously I used some plastic monstrosity that left large holes in small grouse. Given how fast an arrow moves and how much weight is behind the point, it’s hard for me to believe that judo points won’t just blow through anything smaller than a coyote. Am I wrong? What have yous guys been using?

Will_m

WKR
They all blow through with anything set up for big game. The significance of the judo (and anything similar) is that it will grab ground and keep the arrow from burying itself/going as far as it might with a normal field point or broadhead.

Randle

WKR
Blunts here also, they work great for stump shooting too. I tried Judos and didn't like the wire part

S.Clancy

WKR
Are judos not considered blunts? Do you have a blunt you’d recommend?
I wouldn't consider them blunts, the surface area between the blunts I've used and judos is pretty significant. This is the type of blunt I use, generally does not completely exit a grouse, which is what I'm after.

I’ve had judos still burrow under grass. I love the montec SGH small game head, but they do put big holes in stuff. They stand an arrow straight up in the grass though.

RealMoses

FNG
I decided to buy some judos and they do work pretty good when you miss, but they will do damage when you hit (I’ve only used them on grouse). We make it more challenging and aim for the head for that reason

WMag338

WKR
I’ve used judo points for years. I’ve noticed they tend to break after 1 shot. I’m shooting a higher poundage bow and 29.5” draw. This past year, I’ve made the switch to small game thumper heads by VPA. They did great and come highly recommended. Nothing to break off or get damaged.

I use a old muzzy 3 blade on the last few rabbits I shot. LOL

The trocar tip judos are nasty, but suck to get out if they hit trees or logs.

Bludgeons are my favorite. Headshots if possible. I've had them go straight through animals pretty often though.

Downside..
One time had a rabbit go clean out after a bludgeon hit it's head. No kicking, or anything.
"I'll be damned." I said as I walked towards it.
Just for it to stand up like Mike Tyson just knocked it the **** out and it's face looked like the kid from the mask.
Shot it with a grim reaper mechanical 🤣