Are lighted nocks allowed in BC??

Hi,

I'm going to Northern BC for Archery Goat hunt in September and would optimally like to use lighted nocks. I have had trouble finding reliable information and thought there may be people in this forum who know.

Current regulations (link) seem to only mention this: It's unlawful to hunt wildlife by the use of, or with the aid of, a light or an illuminating device.

To my understanding the above sentence doesn't clearly rule out lighted nocks.

New regulations will be effective starting summer this year and I cannot find any change proposals (link) related to the topic.

So the question is - does anyone know 100% if lighted nocks are allowed in BC? Help would be appreciated as I would like to lock down on my hunting arrow build soon.

Thank you in advance!!

Lighted nocks are legal In B.C. now (I don’t use them). They were not part of any new proposed regulation changes either. I would assume you are good to design your arrow system around them. Good luck!

KBC

WKR
What you quoted from the regs is talking about using lights at night. I think lighted nocks are legal but I would recommend contacting a conservation officer in the region you are headed to just to make sure. There’s a phone number on each regions first page in the regs and they’ve always answered or called back if I left a message and been very friendly and helpful.

No need to contact a CO, all I've ever shot for hunting here is lighted nocks. As mentioned that regulation is in regards to pitlamping, foregoing the lighted nock will help a bit with FOC and wind drift in most of the areas you'll get an archery stalk on a goat but you're definitely good to use them if you want to...best of luck on your hunt, let us know how it turns out!