Are Mora knives pretty good?

I have a few, not bad. The light my fire mora's have a ferro rod built in. If I was getting one for backcountry that would be my choice...in orange.
Ive got the exact one. Steel is definitely better and clearly even different looking (not buffed). Hopefully the new versions are the same. They even have a different grind from the others ive bought more recently (non-ferro).
Prob not even gonna touch up after a deer this last season. At least 3 or 4 animals before touch-up.
Well worth the money for that particular model.

Ag111

Lil-Rokslider
Bladehq has the Mora S Pro right now for $11.99. I have used mine on several animals and they do great. If
I start shaving sharp I can get through 1 deer really easily. Then I resharpen (30 seconds on a sharpmaker) back to shaving sharp again. The difference between ok steel and great steel is more evident the more you touch bone as you process. This is where S30V and better really shines in edge retention.

I have better knives but they might be 20% better for 4-8x the price. I am becoming a big believer in the easy to sharpen non-super steels like VG10, VG1, N690, 14Cr28n, 440C, and even lower end ones like Bucks 420 and Spydercos 8Cr13MoV with their good heat treatments. Being able to rehone a blade into shaving sharpness is a skill worth learning. The Mora is a great one to learn on since it’s cheap. I use my Mora now more than most of my knives.

Ag111

Lil-Rokslider
Another recommendation to look at is the Spyderco Bow River for $45. Excellent slicer and will do evening from skinning to boning. The steel is a step up from the Mora and for the price is another one that is hard to beat