Are people really getting picked off using Elevated 2?

Jdutton24

Lil-Rokslider
I love fusion from FL and can't say I've been picked out because of it. But seeing reports of guys saying some felt like yes they were while wearing EV2 makes you wonder. Now granted, plenty of people have killed plenty of deer in EV2. So what say you? If so do you think it's from the blueish grey in the pattern? Pattern itself? Not being high enough in tree? Poor location of stand?

NEhunter

WKR
People get picked off by moving or getting winded.

Nothing fixes that.

Yep, I’ve had deer glance right past and through me wearing ev2 in a tree stand and hang out right below me for quite a long time till the wind swirls wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Truth be told, you could be wearing a solid white shirt and pants and not get picked off IF wind is right and you don’t move. Deer are deer. Some deer are very finicky. Some aren’t. Camp pattern is not going to amount to a hill of beans when it comes to what sets a deer off. Outlines, movement, scent, noise (in no particular order) all are way above Camo pattern with regard to clothing.

Noise, movement and wind. I did more stand hunting than usual this year and busted myself with noise more than anything else. This is at bow hunting distance so well it snidest 50 yards. I hunted in some solid color work wear and had no issue as long as I had decent wind and stayed quiet.

Movement, wind, smell.

I buy camo only because I like the layering systems offered by companies like FL.

OP
J

Jdutton24

Lil-Rokslider
I agree it's more movement wind and smell for sure. But do y'all think the blueish Grey's in there stand out since it's thought that deer see blue spectrum really well?

Mmmm. Not sure how much of it you own but I think ev2 photographs a bit more differently than it looks in person. I feel it is more of a brown grey and That stuff disappears in hardwood forrests once the leaves are down. I also feel like the sitka folks did a bunch of studies when they crafted the original elevated and the ev2 update. I hunt more subalpine and first lite but wouldn’t feel like EV2 is a liability at all.

I’ve wore ev2 since it came out and have had deer look right through me had a doe sneak up behind me up hill and saw me turn stayed still for awhile and she kept going I’m a fan of it.... I’ve also had deer come in with me not moving and pick me off sitting dead still in a tree. All deer are going to act different it’s hard to tell what they will do I do like it more than traditional camo but mainly wear it for the features and layering abilities

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
I love fusion from FL and can't say I've been picked out because of it. But seeing reports of guys saying some felt like yes they were while wearing EV2 makes you wonder. Now granted, plenty of people have killed plenty of deer in EV2. So what say you? If so do you think it's from the blueish grey in the pattern? Pattern itself? Not being high enough in tree? Poor location of stand?
I killed my biggest whitetail ever sitting on a tripod 8 feet off the ground in some brush on the edge of a field in Ohio. Wind was in my favor and I positioned myself for the shot before he got in my shooting lane. No camo fixes movement issues.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Brendan

WKR
I'm going to say it depends on the area. We have some cracked out does on public land that come in scanning the trees looking for anything out of place. I've seen them check out ladder stands without hunters in them too.

With that said, don't move, don't silhouette yourself, and you're not getting picked off.

FLAK

WKR
We have/had(we're selling) a piece of land that even the squirrels
were absolutely paranoid. Never seen anything like it.
My son and I were sitting in stands next to each other when a
squirrel is coming up through the woods on the ground/low in trees.
till he gets within about 25 yards away. My sons gloves have these
openings in the end for the fingertips that close with magnets somehow.
Well, one of those magnets "grabbed" the side of the stand and made
an almost imperceptible "tick". That squirrel came unglued, still running
as far as I know. Crazy, never seen that before.
And the deer are even worse. I've never seen such paranoid animals before.
Maybe the people getting picked off are experiencing some of these
hyper alert types.

Diesel

WKR
Mmmm. Not sure how much of it you own but I think ev2 photographs a bit more differently than it looks in person. I feel it is more of a brown grey and That stuff disappears in hardwood forrests once the leaves are down. I also feel like the sitka folks did a bunch of studies when they crafted the original elevated and the ev2 update. I hunt more subalpine and first lite but wouldn’t feel like EV2 is a liability at all.

I had a chance to see the ev2 in person from one of the guys in flintlock season and it is a better looking coloration than in photos. That being said, there is just something about it that doesn't appeal to me color wise. The pattern is good, just don't like the colors. That seems like an absurd thing to say, but it disturbs me for some undefinable reason.

Whitetail deer are not picking people off because of their camo pattern (be it EV II or otherwise). They are getting picked off because they moved and/or got winded and wanted to blame something else.

I like ev2. Not that I think the pattern really matters. But I don't see blue at all. Just grey, brown, and white.