Are stealth cams worth it?

Whitetaildown215

Lil-Rokslider
I owned a couple stealth cams a few years ago and they were junk, however I think they were the cheaper models but I can’t remember but we had gotten them from Camofire. Are the cell cameras they make any good? I’m specifically looking at the WXA AND THE MUDDY MANIFEST they offer. I am currently running spypoint and I have one that I can NOT get to work and it’s pissing me off. I can currently get a deal on the stealth cams but after the experience a few years ago I’m hesitant (couldn’t see night time pictures unless they were 15 feet from the camera). Or should I go with moultrie or something else?

I have two g42ng cameras and they've worked fine for me. The infrared pics aren't always the best but the daytime pics are great. Here's one nighttime pic...
cef8588380f3798d4535a2a3f2428baf.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It's been years since I bought or used a trailcam, but I'm pretty sure that Camofire has them every Tuesday, just FYI. Lots to choose from. There may be some good ones.

MarlinMark

Lil-Rokslider
Those pics are from a Stealth Cam. Not the latest greatest, but not the entry level either. We have several more cameras in there now....more pics coming. One of the cameras we moved in there is a newer Stealth Cam.

Those are still shots of the video with my Iphone 10 pro on my computer screen. The video looks great.

Timber310

FNG
I have had good luck with Stealth Cams I have bought. Camofire runs them on special quite regularly.

twall13

WKR
I've only used cheap refurb. cameras from Camofire but I've had better luck with the Stealth cams than the Moultrees. When initially setting things up the Moultrees are a bit more clear on what the settings are but they haven't been as reliable for me. Again, all cheap refurb models.

Here's a few night shots from one of my stealth cams for reference.

maverick

Lil-Rokslider
Here are some videos showing more G42 pics and videos. Also some Browning cams and a few others.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

huntngolf

Lil-Rokslider
I run all stealth cams(25 or so) and have been really happy with them. I buy the cheaper ones (3 pack for 120$) and hope to get 2 years out of them. I would say on average they last 3 years, but have a few that are on year 6+. This is in South Dakota being run year round so they see plenty of weather. I use lithium ion batteries and get at least a full year out of the batteries before they need replacing. I tried getting refurbished ones off camofire and they didn’t work out so be weary of those

Logan80

Lil-Rokslider
I have a few Stealthcam XS16 cameras that I got cheap from camofire. Overall, not impressed.

I have some cheap Wildgame Innovations cameras that are better.

For anyone that has the XS12, is there a way to get a time/date stamp to imprint on the video footage or only on photos? I took a bunch of vids and it's a pain to go through them all and figure out the time/date.

If you are going cellular, then Spartan is the only way to go. All the rest are junk, especially Covert.