Are There any Affordable Private Land Cow Elk Hunts in CO or NM for My 13 Year Old?

Rickson34

FNG
Hello Everybody,

We live in Texas. My son has hunted a few whitetail does here and he really likes it. Our family really likes the meat too. I would love to take him to private land that has lodging or tents and stay there for 2 or 3 days in either Colorado or New Mexico. It would be really nice if I could also bring along my wife and 8 year old to make it a family vacation. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe

Can also consider hunting them in Texas (low fence). They’re considered exotic there as they’re not native.

Lots of sites out there that’ll give you hunt prices. Not sure if the forum rules or I’d post some.

OP
R

Rickson34

FNG
Thank you you AZ_Hunter.
The family is really wanting to do something in either NM or CO.

nrhardin

FNG
Not sure what counts as affordable but there are some places you can pay $1k for a trespass hunt late season for cows. That’s the lowest I’ve really heard of, although maybe for a kid someone would cut you a better deal.

Buy a NM Cow Voucher and take the family on a camping trip and let your son fill his cow tag.

OP
R

Rickson34

FNG
Not sure what counts as affordable but there are some places you can pay $1k for a trespass hunt late season for cows. That’s the lowest I’ve really heard of, although maybe for a kid someone would cut you a better deal.
That is awesome. I've never heard of a trespass hunt. Thank you very much. Are there any outfitters you recommend?

nrhardin

FNG
This wouldn’t be through any outfitter. Rather laying a landowner to access their property.

If you pay a trespass fee to a landowner you still need a state cow tag which aren’t available for NR’s. Your only option is paying for a private land voucher and then paying the state for the tag. Look at the Quinlin Ranch, Chama land and Cattle just to name a few.