Are there different versions of Optifade Subalpine?

ReefJones

Lil-Rokslider
Hi folks,

Is there a different versions of Optifade Subalpine? Context: I bought a Hoyt Axius Ultra in Subalpine with black limbs. I'm thinking about a rest in Optifade subalpine to match. Everywhere I look I find the QAD MXT (which I don't need since I'm using for hunting) and the HDX (what I was thinking about getting; however, the MXT subalpine actually looks like my bow. Is the HDX the same camo or maybe an earlier version of it? OR maybe they just show a weird area of the pattern? It looks like it's missing the lighter off white-ish color and is more yellows/tans. (pic below).

Appreciate the help in advance!
Reef

1610562860883.png

I'll make two suggestions, not that you need to listen. However, for hunting (broadhead tuning) I'd look at the mxt, for the micro adjust. Or any rest, I'd want micro adjust.

I'd also get black, it goes with everything and you can move it to another bow and not notice it being a different pattern.

OP
ReefJones

ReefJones

Lil-Rokslider
Same pattern. There’ll be variations depending on what method they use to apply it.
I was hoping this was the case but unfortunately, all the pictures out there are the exact stock photos that I posted above. I wonder if anyone has any pics of the actual HDX rest in subalpine, in the wild.?
Reef

OP
ReefJones

ReefJones

Lil-Rokslider
I'll make two suggestions, not that you need to listen. However, for hunting (broadhead tuning) I'd look at the mxt, for the micro adjust. Or any rest, I'd want micro adjust.

I'd also get black, it goes with everything and you can move it to another bow and not notice it being a different pattern.
Thanks Billy, I like your suggestions. Plus that solves my problem. I read somewhere that the micro adjustment was only needed for target shooting. If I am going to spend over $200 on a rest, I'll likely get the newer integrated rest.

Do you have any thoughts or suggestions on that rest?

Thanks for taking the time to help a newb out!
Reef

Thanks Billy, I like your suggestions. Plus that solves my problem. I read somewhere that the micro adjustment was only needed for target shooting. If I am going to spend over $200 on a rest, I'll likely get the newer integrated rest.

Do you have any thoughts or suggestions on that rest?

Thanks for taking the time to help a newb out!
Reef

My suggestion is that I prefer the regular MXT over the integrate, tho I haven't personally used the integrate. The reason is it allows you to move the rest in and out to torque tune. Might not be critical for you. I like the strength that the integrate should have, however I haven't had a rest loosen on me yet.

The micro adjust makes making very slight adjustments easier, without it it can be difficult to move the rest in very slight increments. Often thought of as a target application, however I generally use it more for broadhead tuning than tuning a target bow.

It all depends on how far you are going to take things, however I'd definitely recommend spending the money on a micro adjustable rest for hunting. I have been shooting qad for a good while without issues, several of the hdx before I got an mxt. Got a hamskea trinity pro to try, they offer the microtune for a little less money. Several other companies offering similar style rests with the mico adjustablity as well.

I think we are fortunate as right now we have an abundance of quality equipment, both in bows and accessories available to us. Just I have found to buy quality accessories and move them bow to bow, that's why I recommended black.

OR Archer

WKR
I’d opt for the standard mount. If you change bows in the future to a model that doesn’t have that capability then you’re back to searching for a rest. Plus the standard mount will give you the ability to torque tune a little bit if you are into that method.

OP
ReefJones

ReefJones

Lil-Rokslider
I’d opt for the standard mount. If you change bows in the future to a model that doesn’t have that capability then you’re back to searching for a rest. Plus the standard mount will give you the ability to torque tune a little bit if you are into that method.
BUT the commercial said it was the mount of the future and everyone will be moving to it! 😜

Thanks all for the info. I appreciate those who chimed in. Especially @Billy Goat for the thorough explanation behind his reasoning. Much appreciated, folks!
Reef

MattB

WKR
Let me guess, you are kind of guy who wears a white belt when wearing white shoes?

MattB

WKR
Nah bruh, I don't own any white belts, except for the one I got from jiu jitsu and we never wore shoes on the mat.

Let me guess, you are the kind of guy who drops in on a post just to be a douche?
Reef
I am the sort of guy who wears solid pants and a camo shirt even if it causes some other people (not naming any names) to sleep less well at night.