Are you a list kind of guy?

GSPHUNTER

WKR
I have a list that has everything on it I may need for what ever kind of trip I may go on. What actually gets packed depends on type of trip. One guy that goes with me, generally brings himself and that's about it. Then he's forever asking me for something. On one deer hunting trip he bought, rifle, four rounds of ammo, a brick go cheese, some crackers and a bottle of scotch. the last thing I do before I start the truck is, check my list. Like a firearm, it's better to have it and not need it ,then need it and not have it.

awasome

Lil-Rokslider
I have a list that has everything on it I may need for what ever kind of trip I may go on. What actually gets packed depends on type of trip. One guy that goes with me, generally brings himself and that's about it. Then he's forever asking me for something. On one deer hunting trip he bought, rifle, four rounds of ammo, a brick go cheese, some crackers and a bottle of scotch. the last thing I do before I start the truck is, check my list. Like a firearm, it's better to have it and not need it ,then need it and not have it.

The guy that goes with you is a savage.

And I have a list of stuff that I need to bring, that way I don't forget it.

bofishil

FNG
I always make a detailed list in notes on my phone. But almost every time as I get older I forget something. My wife always says as I pack for a week of staying in a hunting cabin that I have enough to stay a month.

Trees91

WKR
I'm a list guy and like to be organized. I have a room with shelves and totes, every tote has a list of what's in it and everything has its place. I usually write down the weight of each item too. No reason really...just fun to know what your load will weigh. I use the note app on my phone to write things down I think of during work so I don't forget.....lots of daydreaming happens at work haha.

Always have a list that sometimes has little lists! Usually break things down into hunting gear:, camping gear, personal comforts, then any trip specific things I might need depending of type and location of hunt.

Crusader

WKR
Absolutely, not just for hunting and outdoor activities but for lots of things in daily life. Always was a "list guy" but it's even more important now that I've hit 60 and the memory isn't as good as it used to be. You young guys will one day experience this, you can bank on it!

Trees91

WKR
Absolutely, not just for hunting and outdoor activities but for lots of things in daily life. Always was a "list guy" but it's even more important now that I've hit 60 and the memory isn't as good as it used to be. You young guys will one day experience this, you can bank on it!
I turned 30 yesterday and can feel my memory sliding already haha

mlgc20

WKR
I make a detailed spreadsheet for each trip. I then use the list as my pack list when it's time to load the truck. I rarely end up forgetting something. No way I would chance a hunt without a well planned list. No judgment on those that don't need it. Just the way I do things. Below is a partial list for an upcoming 8 day trip in Wyoming.
Screenshot_20210708-123711_Excel.jpg

WCB

WKR
I don't think I have ever made a list in my life. I am rather Spartan food wise so I just grab random stuff that makes no sense but I survive just fine.

I verbally state my list right before I get in the truck to leave on a trip. IT goes as follows:
Gun/bow
ammo/arrows
licenses
knife
Binos
Rangefinder
Clothes/boots (maybe I forget something maybe not but whatever)

Besides that everything else is a bonus. I also basically just pickup my pack...If I don't like the weight I take something out I deem as not needed...but again I carry very little anyways. Things I forget the most are utensils but 99% of the time a stick will work just fine. Name a hunt and unless I just plain and simply don't own a piece of gear I will be packed and in my truck in 30minutes max and be just fine.

Now my wife she makes lists of lists and lists them in a list. annoying. Just like people that have planners and schedules for trips.

CCH

WKR
Count me in as a spreadsheet with weights guy. Have been doing that for years to avoid carrying too much weight. You think a lot harder about throwing stuff in the pack when you see the total weight change. I'm also a general, less detailed written list sort of guy as well for most anything. I still forget stuff, so can't imagine how it would go if I didn't.

Scoot

WKR
The guy that goes with you is a savage.
Savage, moron... you decide! Sounds irresponsible and like someone who doesn't learn very quickly.

I'm a list guy for big hunting trips for sure. Not just to help remember the things I need but also to keep out crap I don't need.

j_volt

WKR
I am a CPA and lists are my spirit animal. I have an excel spreadsheet with 12 tabs that has everything from state logins to points to pack lists to intel in different states/units. It is so easy to forget things, so pack lists help me a lot.

Rob5589

WKR
I can't remember sh*t any more. I have all kinds of lists from my hunting gear to what I have to do on my days off. That's if I remember to add stuff to the list.

In many things in life my vision outpaces my execution. I have made lists before. Could probably stand to make master lists. But when I’m packing up tend to do things pretty manually each time. I’m usually good to forget an inconsequential thing or two each time. Never really forgot something impactful.

Being a forgetful pilot, I'm a checklist kind of guy.

1. I use a spreadsheet
2. I print my lists and add checkmarks as I pack what I need
3. I check the list after everything is packed
4. :)