Are you a list kind of guy?

I'm a hardcore list nerd. I have a Google Sheets file with a master list of all my gear with weights and make a new tab for each individual trip. Once a gear list is finalized, I print out a physical copy and check off each item as I pack it.
Screenshot_20210711-234737.png

I have a spreadsheet a lot like Mighty Mouse. It lists all my gear and gear I am considering buying with all the weights. Then I can choose how many of each item and weather it goes in the pack or on my body. Total pack and body weights are listed. It has helped me know where to spend my money. Each trip I copy the master to a new tab and delete all the items I am not taking, thus creating my packing list.

I have another sheet for food that lists weights, calories, protein, fat, calories per ounce, cost per item, cost per 100 calories and quantities. That helps me plan my nutrition and bring exactly what I need and nothing I don’t. 3,000 calories and 150 grams of protein for 25.5 ounces a day.

I’m a nerd.

ghost338

FNG
Also a list guy and fan of spreadsheets, although I mostly use for complex trips. I find it a good way to "hack" my efficiencies.

My spreadsheet is similar to others with all items, weights, and quantities listed. However, I use drop down menus to fill out the list. Just click and choose which items I'm taking instead of deleting out what I'm not taking. Just how my brain works.

I've generally found myself taking the same gear for the same hunts year after year. So unless I'm introducing new gear, I grab the list from a previous year and run with it. Frees me up to focus on other things as I already know the list is dialed in.

npro04

Lil-Rokslider
I’m a list and spread sheet and inventory sheet and pack and repack and double triple check everything and then change again kind of guy. Could be a little OCD

OP
GSPHUNTER

GSPHUNTER

WKR
I’m a list and spread sheet and inventory sheet and pack and repack and double triple check everything and then change again kind of guy. Could be a little OCD
Yup, that's me, well without the spread sheet. Made my list many, many years back and add to it as needed. I love my list.

Wallace

Lil-Rokslider
I won't pack for a trip until the day before. With that said, I usually start writing stuff down on a list a week before departure, and add to it as I remember stuff. It usually takes 15-30 minutes to pack since I know where all my stuff is .... most of the time.

I like the idea of the spreadsheet, and even though I always make a list, something is always overlooked! I should write the overlooked items on the list for next year...

shagles

FNG
If I want to remember it, it has to be on a list. Otherwise it gets pushed out of my head by the next 15 things going on. I've got packing lists for every different kind of trip that I take and to do lists at work and home.

from my own experience i tend to overpack.. so I whipped up a fairly short list of the essentials and just build on it as necessary. keeps myself accountable and with less deadweight in the end

Shane_S4

FNG
I have a list that has everything on it I may need for what ever kind of trip I may go on. What actually gets packed depends on type of trip. One guy that goes with me, generally brings himself and that's about it. Then he's forever asking me for something. On one deer hunting trip he bought, rifle, four rounds of ammo, a brick go cheese, some crackers and a bottle of scotch. the last thing I do before I start the truck is, check my list. Like a firearm, it's better to have it and not need it ,then need it and not have it.
I have a list for everything because i cant remember shit. Works great when i don't forget the list.

Jxferg7

Lil-Rokslider
I make a detailed spreadsheet for each trip. I then use the list as my pack list when it's time to load the truck. I rarely end up forgetting something. No way I would chance a hunt without a well planned list. No judgment on those that don't need it. Just the way I do things. Below is a partial list for an upcoming 8 day trip in Wyoming.
View attachment 305266
This is perfect! Exactly what I do. I list everything down to my frame and bino harness and list a code at the end for each hunt whether it be a later season rifle, early archery, or scout. Nice to dial in all your weights and a list snd either eliminate or add shit through the years that you didn’t use or wish you had. I’ve gotten it down to about half the weight than when I started a short 5 years ago.

Ingo

Lil-Rokslider
Nerds....

Crap, I forgot my ammo!

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

DCT1983

Lil-Rokslider
I am definitely a list guy. I don't keep a running list or spread sheet or anything, but every time before a hunt I sit down and scribble out a list. I also have sub list inside of the main list. Like my pack is an item on the main list then I list everything I want to have in my pack.