Are you being fooled by the gun control stories???

tstowater

WKR
Read this if you are thinking that the gun ban being proposed is DOA? Read this and think twice. Don't be mislead and become passive about what the true gun banners want to do.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/are-american-gun-owners-a-bunch-of-fools/

follow through and act. There is another thread with a link to a site created by Ruger to contact your legislators and Congress people, etc. Easy to use, be just do it.

the thing about all this that gets me most is how the media is potraying our society as becoming worse and more violent when statistically we are on the decline and have been for a long time

Shrek

WKR
The rant you linked to sounds like the conspiracy writing of a paranoid schizophrenic. Equating current political conditions to the holocaust is sick. The writer is implying that Fox News , the NRA. , the drudge report ect are in fact secretly plotting with people who want to ban guns is ludicrous. The rant indicates to me that the man is mentally ill and probably needs to have his weapons taken and taken to a place where he and Unabomber Ted can room together.

Shrek

WKR
I don't know how to embed links but Evan Hill over at Hill People Gear just posted a more nuanced opinion and a few links on his blog that closely mirrors my feelings on the matter and some may want to check it out. I particular the winning hearts part I believe is the best way to secure our long term liberty.

OP
tstowater

tstowater

WKR
My purpose in starting this thread is for awareness only. I am not advocating anything other than reminding gun owners that, to remain gun owners, they will need to be vigilant. Anyone that truly believes the antis want to stop with the "assult weapons" needs to study this more. Please inform yourself accordingly. There is no such thing as an "objective" opinion or writing as everyone's opinion is influenced by their personal beliefs. The antis have time, money, the mass media and passion on their side.

bbrown

WKR
tsowater - you forgot about one thing the antis have... Fear - and its pathetic how they are capitalizing on these tragedies.

OP
tstowater

tstowater

WKR
tsowater - you forgot about one thing the antis have... Fear - and its pathetic how they are capitalizing on these tragedies.

The saying is: "A true liberal never lets a disaster go to waste" would seem applicable here. I'm not trying to scare (or be scared), but be aware.