Are you guys sick of tipping?

CorbLand

WKR
One thing that has never made sense to me about the way servers are paid is that it is really the only job on earth that is done that way.

If I hired a company to put cabinets in my house and the employee showed up and did a crappy job, I would not pay the company for the work. Then it would fall on the owner to do what they want with the employee.

Its weird to me that one industry has a special law to allow for a different minimum wage.

Last edited:
The system we live in is the system it is.

Refusing to tip is no different than buying a general hunting license and refusing to buy tags because you don't like the setup.

That's the system that exists where you live.

Refusing to tip is like buying a general hunting license and refusing to buy tags because you think there's a better way.

Only you're taking from actual human beings just doing their job.
I know this is hard to comprehend. I want the option to NOT pay a tip.

Lowg08

WKR
One thing that has never made sense to me about the way servers are paid is that it is really the only job on earth that is done that way.

If I hired a company to put cabinets in my house and the employee showed up and did a crappy job, I would not pay the company for the work. Then it would fall on the owner to do what they want with the employee.

Its weird to me that one industry has a special law to allow for a different minimum wage.
You want to see something wild look up the loopholes that goodwill uses. Designed to pay handicapped employees as low as .87 an hour but the ceo makes bank. Starting at 1 million a year for the ceo of a donation based charity company.

sasquatch

WKR
You want to see something wild look up the loopholes that goodwill uses. Designed to pay handicapped employees as low as .87 an hour but the ceo makes bank. Starting at 1 million a year for the ceo of a donation based charity company.

Very few charities manage money well where a large portion of the donation goes to helping ppl. Most tie up huge portions of the money on administration fees, aka salaries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Here's your sign.

images

OP
C

Funny as shit! Just think, early 90s movie

It's not about "Tipping" it's about tips added to the check before you even sit down........ it's bullshit!

By the way, I want to hang with Mr. Pink

I do think not tipping when you understand the system is theft, probably petty theft, pun intended;-)

At least you have control on how much, if tipping went away and the restaurants built in labor cost it would be more expensive than tipping.
You're using their labor without paying.

How is that not stealing?

Don't want to tip? Eat fast food.

hunterjmj

WKR
We don’t eat out much but always leave a decent tip. I worked a few jobs when I was younger where I depended on tip money So I make it a point to tip good. We don’t know the circumstances of the people around us or serving us. Eating out is a luxury so if you’re worried about paying a tip then you shouldn’t be eating out.

What's crazy is working your ass off in construction for close to minimum wage starting out. Then you go to a nearby taco joint on your lunch break because you didn't make a lunch, and the cashier wants a 20% tip. In a state where minimum wage is a requirement for every employer. GTFOH with that BS.
When I started out in construction I was making nearly double minimum wage.

Laborers still make about double minimum wage. Or more.

Z71&Gun

Lil-Rokslider
When I started out in construction I was making nearly double minimum wage.

Laborers still make about double minimum wage. Or more.
I started in marine construction right after high school in 2009 and made $10/hr when the minimum wage was $9. This was in Washington where waiters make minimum wage plus tips. I didn't stay at that wage for long, but it's still bullshit. Tipping is bullshit. Employers should just internalize the cost of doing business, pay their workers and get off the guilt trip. Laborers in Washington don't make double minimum wage starting out. Not even close. Our minimum wage is high.

el_jefe_pescado

Lil-Rokslider
My local tire and lube shop has one of the those iPad scanners that politely asks what kind of tip you would like to leave…for an oil change? Worst part is, I was so confused I actually left the tip. Sign of the times, I suppose.

My wife still hasn’t let me back in the house…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk