Are you guys sick of tipping?

Smithb9841

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone else sick of automatic tips applied to the tab? I mean, I can understand a large group but man, one, two people min 20% included is absurd.

Anyways, like that scene from Resevoir dogs…..I can relate….. included tips means shit service more times than not.
Where have you been that automatically applies a tip? I think I’ve only seen that for large groups. Maybe more of a regional thing?

GSPHUNTER

WKR
My daughter worked at a restaurant while going to college. I hated tipping even her. I think the entire tipping thing is stupid. I worked in A/C my entire life, I never received one cent tip for working my ass off on some roof in 100+ deg. heat.

bnsafe

WKR
amen, Ive never recieved a tip. I hate it. My wife signs all the checks cause she knows I wont tip well.

Sled

WKR
I worked as a waiter for several years. Your paid my salary because somewhere along the line the restaurant industry decided they wouldn't. I made $2.13 per hour which usually didn't even cover the taxes I had to pay and credit card fees. Australia has it figured out. You pay for the food and the cost of labor is averaged in just like every other industry out there. When's the last time you tipped the guy at home Depot?

chocolab

Lil-Rokslider
If you don't tip a waiter for table service then you must not realize what their hourly wage is. It's dumb that a waiter will only get paid $3/hr by the restaurant, then then patrons have to supplement that. but that's the way it is in the US so don't screw the waiter.

Ralphie

WKR
I don’t mind tipping generously to a waiter that did a good job. Actually I kind of like leaving a nice tip in that scenario. I don’t like automatically included tips or tipping for a meal where I walked up to the counter or window and picked up my food.

Ucsdryder

WKR
If you don't tip a waiter for table service then you must not realize what their hourly wage is. It's dumb that a waiter will only get paid $3/hr by the restaurant, then then patrons have to supplement that. but that's the way it is in the US so don't screw the waiter.
3 dollars? Aren’t waiters guaranteed at least minimum wage? In Colorado I think that’s 12-13 bucks.

OP
C
Where have you been that automatically applies a tip? I think I’ve only seen that for large groups. Maybe more of a regional thing?
I travel a ton, mostly out of country but many US based territory’s as well. Someone said it above…… iPhone/iPad get ready!

OP
C
To add on to this madness, included service fee and the bar keeps it, waiters expect another 18 on top.