Area419 suppressor mount review?

Just bought a Gen 1 TBAC ultra 7. The only option available was 5/8” direct thread option. I thought that should work for my rifles, but I see now you need .725” of shoulder on the barrel to make it work. Not a problem for one of my rides, but I have a 300wsm with a benchmark 2b that even if I cut it to 20”, might be just a little under to meet that spec.
Thinking about having my can turned into a CB mount and using the area419 hellfire suppressor mount system. Seems like a reasonably cost effective way to go to make it work on multiple rifles with various barrel thickness. Cost would be $100 for the suppressor mount, then $40 for the rifle attachment for each gun. The advantage being I can buy various thread pitches for the rifle mounts to make it a universal system.

Anyone running an area419 system rather than the CB mount version? Weight for either is the same, but I guess rather than $125 per CB brake for each gun, the Area419 system is a little more cost effective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use it but for a couple Omegas. I love it. I will use it on my 5” TB...eventually. I’ve used it on 1/2x28 and 9/16x24 on sporter barrel tikkas and 5/8x24 on Proof barrels and a couple others. The reverse threaded nature of the system is the unsung hero. No more accidentally disassembling your can when you go to unscrew it. I previously just used direct thread and won’t go back.

My one and only can is a ultra 7 cb. I use the 419 system because it was cheaper than buying a TBAC CB or flash hider for every gun. I’m not a fan of the 419 system. Maybe I’m just stupid but having essentially 2 adapters with threads in different directions causes me more headaches than benefits. I always question if I’m loosening or tightening when removing and have had issues with things staying put.

I see no reason why going to a 419 system with 2 adapters would be preferable to just buying 1 adapter for a direct thread unless you’re using a 419 brake on occasion too.

That said, I think you’d need a TBAC face mount on that thin of a barrel if you have any concerns with TBAC standing behind it.

OP
F
My one and only can is a ultra 7 cb. I use the 419 system because it was cheaper than buying a TBAC CB or flash hider for every gun. I’m not a fan of the 419 system. Maybe I’m just stupid but having essentially 2 adapters with threads in different directions causes me more headaches than benefits. I always question if I’m loosening or tightening when removing and have had issues with things staying put.

I see no reason why going to a 419 system with 2 adapters would be preferable to just buying 1 adapter for a direct thread unless you’re using a 419 brake on occasion too.

That said, I think you’d need a TBAC face mount on that thin of a barrel if you have any concerns with TBAC standing behind it.

You’re the first review I’ve heard that wasn’t positive for the 419 system. You make a good point though. My thinnest barrel would still work and be in spec if it was 9/16 thread rather than 5/8. That’s my dilemma. I can do one of a few things since the can I bought is a direct thread 5/8.
I can:
1) send it to tbac and have it turned to a cb mount with 9/16 thread, as well as buy an extra cb mount for my other rifle
2) send it to tbac and have it configured to cb mount and use the 419 system
3) send it to tbac and have it converted to a direct thread but 9/16 instead of 5/8 and just have my other rifle threaded to a 9/16.

At least I have options, and none are overly hard to do. Tbac will turn a direct mount to cb mount easily enough. I really thought 5/8 direct thread would cut it, but I’m running a thin line having enough shoulder with one thinner barrel. If it’s cut 9/16, I have plenty of shoulder to meet specs.

There are thread adapters to go from 1/2” or 9/16 to 5/8x24. I don’t see why just buying one of them is any less ideal than getting a 419 system which is basically the same thing but with a second adapter as well. I see zero reason to spend a bunch of money for a 419 system and convert your can when you can buy a single adapter for less than a single 419 adapter.

Also, you said benchmark 2b, I didn’t know they have a 2b. Their #3 is only .625 @ 27”.

Last edited:
OP
F
There are thread adapters to go from 1/2” or 9/16 to 3/4x24. I don’t see why just buying one of them is any less ideal than getting a 419 system which is basically the same thing but with a second adapter as well. I see zero reason to spend a bunch of money for a 419 system and convert your can when you can buy a single adapter for less than a single 419 adapter.

Also, you said benchmark 2b, I didn’t know they have a 2b. Their #3 is only .625 @ 27”.

Good point. I’ll look into an adapter as I could make it work the way it is except for this one barrel that needs to be 9/16.