Argali Carbon Knife Review, By Jordan Budd

I really want one of these...but I’m horrible at sharpening knifes on stones. Can you use a “smith’s” sharpener to get a quick edge on these or will those ruin the blade? My idea would be to use that as needed throughout the season and at the end of the year send it back into Brad for a real edge. Is this a bad idea? Brad, thoughts?

Travis2282

Lil-Rokslider
I really want one of these...but I’m horrible at sharpening knifes on stones. Can you use a “smith’s” sharpener to get a quick edge on these or will those ruin the blade? My idea would be to use that as needed throughout the season and at the end of the year send it back into Brad for a real edge. Is this a bad idea? Brad, thoughts?
I sharpen mine with the guided work sharp knife sharpener. Easy to use!

Brad@Argali

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
That's a great idea and definitely a good option. Our knives are super easy to sharpen with a ceramic rod, set of stones or anything else you normally use to sharpen. The worksharp belt sharpener is my favorite all purpose home sharpener, but honestly with a little bit of practice and the proper sharpening (i.e. maintaining the proper bevel angle, starting out with a slightly coarser grit and working your way to a finer grit) you should be able to easily sharpen any of our knives.

Also, we're releasing a pretty cool product that "allegedly" can sharpen knives pretty well next month, so keep an eye out for that. ;)

Brad, what angle should I sharpen the Serac at? I use an Edge Pro so I have a good range of angles I can select.