Argali Caribou Hunt Series

Brad@Argali

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
We are releasing our entire season of content with new videos every week. Our first series is from our Arctic Caribou hunt last year. This was a hunt I think is in reach for a lot of people, and was an absolute blast. Let me know what you think!

Interested in cost and if you would recommend/use the same service again.
DIY budget style.
I really want to go to 40 mile. But research suggests I'll never get an open spot with a transporter.

OP
Brad@Argali

Brad@Argali

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Interested in cost and if you would recommend/use the same service again.
DIY budget style.
I really want to go to 40 mile. But research suggests I'll never get an open spot with a transporter.

We looked at 40 mile as well and didn't go for that reason. We used Arctic Air and they were decent. I believe air transport cost was around $3200. They run a polished operation, and my only complaint would be that they were packing us in with other hunters. I don't think they expect people to walk very far, but we did and saw other hunters. Other than that no complaints, and the place is pretty stunning.

We looked at 40 mile as well and didn't go for that reason. We used Arctic Air and they were decent. I believe air transport cost was around $3200. They run a polished operation, and my only complaint would be that they were packing us in with other hunters. I don't think they expect people to walk very far, but we did and saw other hunters. Other than that no complaints, and the place is pretty stunning.

Would you say you were happy enough you would use them/reccomend them?
Thanks again Brad.
So far lovin the series.

OP
Brad@Argali

Brad@Argali

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Would you say you were happy enough you would use them/reccomend them?
Thanks again Brad.
So far lovin the series.
I'd say yes, but make sure to outline expectations with them. I had a buddy who went with them a little after us and had a so/so experience and felt like they were trying to pack too many hunters into the area they were at. I'm on the fence on whether I would use them again if I'm being honest.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'd say yes, but make sure to outline expectations with them. I had a buddy who went with them a little after us and had a so/so experience and felt like they were trying to pack too many hunters into the area they were at. I'm on the fence on whether I would use them again if I'm being honest.

Looked them up 2021 pricing is $4550 and I dont see a non camp provided price. I'm gonna have to do some digging that's just more then I got.

Stuck on a plane home and can't view the last video in the series, can't wait, have really enjoyed the series to this point. Me and a caribou hunt at some point will come together. Really great films

I liked it too Brad - got me all sorts of fired up! I appreciate the insights on the transporter as well. Good to hear someone's honest take on how it went.

OP
Brad@Argali

Brad@Argali

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I liked it too Brad - got me all sorts of fired up! I appreciate the insights on the transporter as well. Good to hear someone's honest take on how it went.
Absolutely! Glad to hear you enjoyed it.

mcseal2

WKR
I really enjoyed the videos. You did a good job of catching the highs and lows of the hunt I thought. Congrats on tagging out on nice bulls.

I had a few questions if you don't mind answering. 2 buddies and I are booked to go on our first caribou hunt this fall out of Kotzebue mid September.

What town did you fly out of?

I saw you had the Seek Outside tipis. We have an 8 man with liners and bug netting we were planning to use, but I've been advised by a few guys to use a 4 season tent instead due to wind. How did you like your tipis, and would you take them again? Also how many of the small cots you used were you able to put in the 8 man?

We are still debating between buying or renting a Cabelas Alaskan guide 8 man tent and using our tipi. The Cabelas tents weigh over double what the tipi does, but destroying our expensive tipi and being without shelter on this hunt is definitely something we want to avoid. We love our tipi for most hunts but have not had to use it in a place with nothing to help block wind before.

Did you ever use the stove, or was it not worth taking?

What worked best for footwear? I saw you had boots and gaiters on a lot but also talked about waders and showed them a little.

Anything you wish you had brought, or did take and wish you hadn't?

Thanks for your help. I'm asking as many people as possible these questions to get lots of opinions.

OP
Brad@Argali

Brad@Argali

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I'm curious...what did you use to shoot the video footage...your cell phone? Or...?
I used a couple of cameras for this, but most of it was shot with a Sony handheld camcorder style camera. Didn't use a cell phone for any of it.