Argali Game Bags

I have TAG bags but I've been lurking on the Argali Website and these bags have intrigued me.

Anyone running the 17"x20" for elk, deer, and pronghorn for boned out meat? I feel like this bag would be large enough.
The next size is 17"x29" which would give me a little extra flexibility if I wanted to leave bone in and only 0.3 oz heavier.
Seems like 17"29" is the way to go but the 17"x20" in appealing. Whenever, I bone out meat in the field the meat is in the bottom 20% of the bag which makes me lean 17"x20".

Thanks

ColeyG

WKR
I just picked up a set (High Country Pack) but have yet to use them in the field. They seem well made and I like the size for boneless meat.

I think they will be a little more durable than the TAG bags I've been using for years and have been pretty happy with. My TAG bags have a few holes and some stitching that has started to fail, but I'd expect both of these things from a lightweight bag after several years of abuse.

They are very similar in design to the Caribou bags, which I also like, but are quite a bit lighter.

OP
Mule3006Elk
I spoke with Brad at Argali. Based on my needs he recommended High Country Pack Ultralight games bags or the set.

Trees91

WKR
High country pack will fit deer and goat quarters easily. Then scraps in the meat parts bag. Haven't used them for elk but I'd guess if you're doing boned out meat it would qork great.

They're awesome bags. Light and pack up in the little stuff sack nicely.

Just make sure all the meat scraps are cleaned out of the bags before you toss them in the washer.... It will make a frickin mess...🤦🏻‍♂️

Not sure if you’re looking into alternatives but the caribou gear and kuiu ones are good. Kifaru just dropped some as well but no experience there

hunterjmj

WKR
Used the high country bags last year and was really impressed. I put deer quarter in them and used the draw string to hang them without issue. They cleaned up nice and fit back in stuff sack nice. I'll be getting the elk ones this year.

Cliffy65

Lil-Rokslider
I replaced my bags with Argali last year. I’ve used the high country set on Axis and Fallow. I also used the draw string to hang them without any problem. I bought both sets, but Rona has kept me out of Elk territory since.

I purchased a set of the High Country bags this year for our elk hunt. Unfortunately, they are still clean. Maybe next year will be different.

Great bags. Light and strong. Clean up well. I used the same high country set on 2 bulls last year in Central Colorado. One was a medium sized 6 x 7, the other was a larger bodied 5 x 6. No problems getting the de-boned quarters into the bags.

Liked them so much I bought another set to have on hand for future hunts. The storage bag has enough room for a plastic sheet, latex gloves, a Benchmade Steep Country fixed blade and a Work Sharp Field Shapener.

They are more expensive, but worth the investment in my opinion.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I use the Argali. I was using Caribou Gear, brought some Caribou Gear and some Argali bags on a bear hunt. The Caribou Gear bags where wet after a few hours while the Argali bags had formed a nice crust. So, the Argali bags are lighter and perform better. I've not used Tag bags though, so cannot say between Argali and Tag.

Firehawk

WKR
I received the elk pack (quarter in) bags this summer for Father's Day. I used these Argali bags on my big bull this fall. The bags are lightweight, tough, and did an awesome job of keeping my elk clean. Very impressed with them and they cleaned up really well too.

Lighter, better built than the Caribou bags and the Allen Bags I had previously been using for years.