Ariel pre season scouting?

Aerial pre season scouting?

What do you guys think about it? Ethical? Effective? Let's hear your thoughts on it.

Last edited:

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ariel lives under the sea! For clarification I'm assuming aerial?

I'm all for it! I know Robby is too;) completely ethical, I don't see it as a tool to find monster bucks, but to better know the land, water etc... You are flying too fast to see big bucks. I'm sure you could but it would be difficult. If you are in a helicopter, that is a different story. You can fly lower and slower.

OP
Elkmasterwyo
Haha sorry for the error! I had tried to go back and edit it but couldn't change the title!

I would have to agree, I became a pilot last spring and bought a plane. Did a little flying for my buddy this fall, like you said, mostly was beneficial to learning the area and seeing what parts of it holds animals. we were looking at elk and it's pretty hard to score a bull at 90-100knots!

I thought Ariel lived in Unakleet???????

Hardstalk

WKR
If i could buy an ultralight id be flying daily!! All for it. Until everyone is doing it.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
If it's done pre-season under the laws of that state (they are all slightly different), I find it ethical.
I know it's not the magic bullet to success as some have made it out to be, just another tool.

Beastmode

WKR
We do a lot of flying at work for patrolling our high voltage transmission lines. It just happens to be a coincidence that one of our lines goes within a mile of my favorite TH. Needless to say that is my favorite line to patrol. :)

I find it very helpful for reading a new drainage. You can see low points, springs, and hidden meadows that you would never see unless you stumbled right on them.