Arizona 44BS Desert Sheep

twtays

FNG
31 points and finally drew Arizona Desert Sheep. Don't want anybodys' honeyhole, etc but was hoping to get some info about this unit. What are the best maps to show water, camp sites, best type terrain to glass, etc. There's only one other permit holder so shouldn't be stepping on anybody. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

There’s a sheep clinic every year. May well be worth attending. You may also want to reach out to one of the state biologists; they tend to have a ton of info.

BBob

WKR
Congratulations! You drew at the head of the 31 pointer class. It's going to be 7-8 years before they all draw out. Great access and lots of sheep. You can run back and forth off the highway. Good rams have been coming out of there recently with a monster killed last year. I'll PM you links to a couple of maps with water locations. They aren't definitive but a good start.

Last year 168 3/8 and 180 6/8, that should help to get you really motivated.

Last edited:
I have been wanting to get in on a sheep hunt where you coming from? If your interested in any help let me know I live not too far from there. Should have a good amount of info, sheep hunts tend to get lots of info due to just 1 or 2 tags for each year so guys are willing to help out.

OP
T

twtays

FNG
Congratulations! You drew at the head of the 31 pointer class. It's going to be 7-8 years before they all draw out. Great access and lots of sheep. You can run back and forth off the highway. Good rams have been coming out of there recently with a monster killed last year. I'll PM you links to a couple of maps with water locations. They aren't definitive but a good start.

Last year 168 3/8 and 180 6/8, that should help to get you really motivated.
Thank you much for the help, the motivation and info. as you probably know it was a balance between well known units and drawing while I can still go. Thanks agai

OP
T

twtays

FNG
I have been wanting to get in on a sheep hunt where you coming from? If your interested in any help let me know I live not too far from there. Should have a good amount of info, sheep hunts tend to get lots of info due to just 1 or 2 tags for each year so guys are willing to help out.
Thanks for response. Coming from southeast Idaho.

OP
T

twtays

FNG
There’s a sheep clinic every year. May well be worth attending. You may also want to reach out to one of the state biologists; they tend to have a ton of info.
Thank you am hoping to be able to attend clinic. I'll also work on getting in touch with local biologist.

OP
T

twtays

FNG
Can anybody tell me if this unit has problems with human and drug trafficking or if a camp should be safe during the day with no one there?

BBob

WKR
Can anybody tell me if this unit has problems with human and drug trafficking or if a camp should be safe during the day with no one there?
I can't say for sure but by that far north everyone and everything should have already been loaded up in a vehicle and not wandering around on foot. I'd be pretty doubtful anyone is on foot beyond I-8.