Arizona 5B South Archery Elk

I'm from Wisconsin, so long drive here too.
I've got a few friends in AZ that also have tags (1 bull & 2 cow) and will be sharing a camp with them.
Flatline map is ordered and I've been studying OnX. This is going to be great!
That is awesome....we will have to connect. Just ordered that map as well.
Oh nice! I think I had 17 points so was basically cashing in. Where are you from?

I had 16. It took that last year so I really didn't know if I would get it or not with the way point creep usually bites me.
Yea I hear ya. I have 17-18 points for a bunch of species in a bunch of states but, with point creep, I'm not getting any closer with a lot of them. If I can get into elk and have a chance at an average bull I'll be happy...from what I see/hear it seems like a good possibility.

Whip

WKR
From Iowa I had must have got it on the bonus pass as I only had 14 going into the draw.
You should be able to tell from your tag number. I had tag #7, and there were up to 10 NR tags available in the bonus pass. If your tag number is higher than 10 I think that means you got a tag in the random drawing.

Cnoll

FNG
You should be able to tell from your tag number. I had tag #7, and there were up to 10 NR tags available in the bonus pass. If your tag number is higher than 10 I think that means you got a tag in the random drawing.
Must have been random I had tag number 60.

I've hunted 6a twice and was only able to kill a 5x6 raghorn and help a friend kill a spike. I was helping another friend in 6a and watched him miss a 300ish 6x6 at 450 yards. I've never seen anything bigger than a 300" bull in all of my years of hunting and recreating in 11m and 6a. I know that they are out there and will keep looking for them. Maybe this will be my year across the street in 5b.
A few years ago, I wandered into a set of 320 sheds not even a mile off of highway 260. Not sure if he was living there or just passing through. From my understanding, 330 is the upper echelon for that unit. With probably only a few larger bull’s running around somewhere…

A few years ago, I wandered into a set of 320 sheds not even a mile off of highway 260. Not sure if he was living there or just passing through. From my understanding, 330 is the upper echelon for that unit. With probably only a few larger bull’s running around somewhere…

Not sure if you're aware of it, but a 415" bull came out of that unit. But, a 300" would be a really nice bull and a 320" would be a really, really good one. Bulls 360" and larger in that particular area are relatively rare, but they are in there.

Not sure if you're aware of it, but a 415" bull came out of that unit. But, a 300" would be a really nice bull and a 320" would be a really, really good one. Bulls 360" and larger in that particular area are relatively rare, but they are in there.
Wow do you know when that bull was taken?

Elknut53

FNG
I had 16. It took that last year so I really didn't know if I would get it or not with the way point creep usually bites me.
I realize this thread is almost a year old but I'm curious how your hunt went?