Arizona Archery Elk - Unit 4A

hunt1up

WKR
My buddy and I drew the early archery tag in AZ Unit 4A. I did a lot of diligent research prior to applying and felt pretty confident in our choice. I have an AZ resident friend that has went up and scouted 3 times already and intends to make a few more trips. I'm also heading out in early August for a few days of scouting as well. We'll be hunting for about 10 days.

So, I was just wondering if any Roksliders had any insight to share on the unit? I'm just excited that I won't be dealing with WY deadfall!

Hey brother I have no insight on the unit but just seen your post. Just wanted to wish you luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Str8shot

FNG
Try and get away from the traffic and dive into some of those canyons. The second week will definitely be better first. Good luck.

PowellSixO

Lil-Rokslider
Should be a good hunt. I have the same hunt this year. I live about an hour from the unit. Good antler growth this year, and they cut almost half the tags this year. Just praying for some rain. It's getting dry out there. I'll post a trail cam pic to keep you excited. Haha. View albu.jpgIMG_6303.jpg

Rancher

FNG
I have hunted 4 alot starting about 45 years ago,mostly archery,but some riflle.Elk are all over the unit,most of my experience is on the west side towards leonard canyon.You will have a good hunt,some of the canyons are deep,but not what I would consider a real physical hunt.

I drew a 4a late season rifle tag this year, it will be my first Arizona elk hunt. I'd be curious to hear how your hunt goes and what you guys see for bulls! Good luck and I hope you guys have a great hunt!