Arizona August archery!

dtrkyman

WKR
Headed out end of August, have an area picked out I’ve hunted in January up in unit 27.

Anything you guys look for specifically, plenty of water in the area!

Should I get away from the river and look for a secluded spring?

All the springs I’ve checked in January have been dry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deano2525

FNG
Good luck. I was in area 17 last January, and found some deer but didn’t connect. I’m waiting until December to go back. Did you see lots of deer there last January? I like the weather there in the winter 😀

SOIHUNT

Lil-Rokslider
Make sure the unit you are wanting to hunt is open to archery deer. There’s units that are closed and draw only? Not sure on this one, but I know there are new units added this year I believe?
Good luck!

OP
D

dtrkyman

WKR
It’s open and there are a pile of deer in there, so hopefully there in the same area. With the permanent water I think they shouldn’t be too far.

I'm headed to Unit 27 this weekend from Michigan. Any advice on the mule deer behavior/patterns this time of year? I see there has been plenty of rain. So, finding water sources shouldn't be an issue. I'll be focusing "up top".

Thanks guys,

Andy

OP
D

dtrkyman

WKR
Tough to find a good buck, passed a few spikes and forks, finally saw two nice buck the last morning, but they were way off and disappeared.

Lots of elk and the bugling is picking up, saw a bear as well.

Hunted lower elevation first day and a half, damn hot with very few deer spotted, moved higher and found plenty of deer.

OP
D

dtrkyman

WKR
It rained often up high while I was there, some crazy storms and actually cost me a few afternoon hunts due to wind rain and lightning. Rode the tent for way too long one afternoon/night as well as stuck in the jeep all afternoon once as well.