Arizona Bighorn Sheep Society

hunterjmj

WKR
I got a flyer today from them for a pile of raffles. I'm just curious as to why it's prohibited for Washington residents to buy tickets? I don't live in Washington but it peaked my interest.

KNOPHISH

FNG
Washington has a ban on online gambling? But I live in WA and buy raffle tix in a few states. I wondered if I ever won would they deny my tag so I called WDFW to ask. Basically said they don’t have control over other states raffles. I could ask the gambling commission to see what they say. Or maybe they’re talking Washington DC, enough crooks there already. Heh heh

OP
hunterjmj

hunterjmj

WKR
Never thought of raffles as gambling I guess. Big brother watching over you. 🙄

HoneyDew

WKR
Washington has a ban on online gambling? But I live in WA and buy raffle tix in a few states. I wondered if I ever won would they deny my tag so I called WDFW to ask. Basically said they don’t have control over other states raffles. I could ask the gambling commission to see what they say. Or maybe they’re talking Washington DC, enough crooks there already. Heh heh
I’ve noticed this for the first time this year. Some of the NM enrichment tags have language prohibiting WA residents from applying. This is the same reason the WA super tags can’t be bought online but have to be in person. Based on what I’ve seen I’m pretty sure we’re SOL and prohibited from applying for any raffle tag in any state. This would include any raffle in general. As far as I know it’s because of the clause about “gambling using wire transfer” which is technically any electronic payment method (credit/debit card). I would imagine we could buy in person or using cash but other states have just banned us for simplicity or because of reciprocity laws. I’ve already applied for a bunch and I’m not sure if we won if the organizations would actually catch it. But going forward if I apply it will be with the assumption that my application may be DOA. If anyone has any solid info please share. Just another way stupid WA policies make me regret moving here.