Arizona CC hits coming Friday...

Where did you see that?
I can't find the reference to March 5th anymore. If I remember correctly, when they noted CC needed updated by 2/28 they also noted results would be posted to portal by 3/5... the latest info from AZ is tags will be mailed by 4/2... so I would stop guessing on when/if results will be posted, personally (but I'm still checking portal and CC acct periodically, haha)!

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Here is an interesting anecdote for all of you that want to see charges on your credit card SO bad. Last fall I went into the draw with 30 turkey points. I’ve been trying to draw a Gould’s tag since they started preference points for turkey. Cards started hitting. Nothing. I was distraught. I checked my card, which is ONLY used for the many draws I am in for a week after the initial hits. Nothing. I got the notice from AZGFD that the portal had been updated another week later. I went to my portal to make sure my points were updated properly and darned if there wasn’t a beautiful turkey tag in there! My card had been charged the same day. I drew tag 0002 for the unit.

Moral of the story is, quit complaining and look forward to the results when they come out...

KineKilla

WKR
Here is an interesting anecdote for all of you that want to see charges on your credit card SO bad. Last fall I went into the draw with 30 turkey points. I’ve been trying to draw a Gould’s tag since they started preference points for turkey. Cards started hitting. Nothing. I was distraught. I checked my card, which is ONLY used for the many draws I am in for a week after the initial hits. Nothing. I got the notice from AZGFD that the portal had been updated another week later. I went to my portal to make sure my points were updated properly and darned if there wasn’t a beautiful turkey tag in there! My card had been charged the same day. I drew tag 0002 for the unit.

Moral of the story is, quit complaining and look forward to the results when they come out...
I was really let down when there wasn't a pic of a dead Gould's at the end of the post.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

RoJo

WKR
They scrubbed it since it's obvious it isn't going to happen. You can wait for cards to hit and or check the website for the notification that the draw has been completed.

I was curious because I don't recall ever seeing AZGFD commit to posting results by a certain date.

slick

WKR
I know GoHunt posted March 5 as a draw date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wapitibob

WKR
They scrubbed it since it's obvious it isn't going to happen. You can wait for cards to hit and or check the website for the notification that the draw has been completed.

AZ Game and Fish has never published an Elk draw results date. I have every Elk regs back thru 2004.
Which ties back to the ongoing portal issue. Prior to the portal, you hade no indication your app was correctly entered into the system; all you had was an email receipt for entering the draw.
Go back further and you sent in a paper app that was scanned, OCR, then entered into the system. Again, no idea if it was done correctly.

Last edited:
I don't really care when I get my "unsuccessful" but I also don't understand why Arizona is a cluster.

It's the only state I apply where you might log in or go to the "portal" or whatever, where it might say "looks like you didn't apply" after they take your money. Or "looks like you don't have bonus points". Or I've had to call and have my accounts merged because somehow I created two by using identification information that they requested or assigned me.

When I get told that I didn't pull a dream archery tag is irrelevant. The fact the Arizona is the only shit show I throw money at does feel relevant.

452b264

Lil-Rokslider
Unsubstantiated claim of a CC hit over on coueswhitetail. Maybe today is the day when 95% of us will console ourselves with the “maybe next year mantra”...
I wouldn't listen to anything coming from them, that thread starts every year. They also start a thread about the awesome elk hunting and the 350 class bulls that they have on trail cams etc. in a unit that is well below average and your chances of seeing a 350 bull (there night be one in the entire unit) are nill. Buyer beware!

mproberts

WKR
Or I've had to call and have my accounts merged because somehow I created two by using identification information that they requested or assigned me.
I feel like everyone I know including myself had to call to get accounts merged. That really was sort of a cluster. I also agree why have a tab labeled "view your draw applications" if it only ever says "Looks like you did not apply for the most recent Big Game Draw!" when you clearly did?

ChiefO

FNG
I did as well. The lady on the phone assured me that the system error would be corrected manually and there would not be any issues. Not having a real warm fuzzy feeling about that at the moment.

Dudes getting it handed to him over on coueswhitetail. You just don’t say something like that when tensions are already as high as they are particularly with this draw. There’s people literally driving to AZGFD just to chew them out over everything that’s gone on with the portal this season. I count my blessings because my portal wasn’t affected like others. To say some dumb shit like that is just griefing other hunters waiting for their highly anticipated results.

No draw yet. Disregard whatever you see, or do not see, in your portal. Fresh from the virtual press....

GAME AND FISH NEWS
March 8, 2021

AZGFD continues to process 2021 elk, pronghorn hunt draw applications
Pronghorn_photo_AAF_Hunter_Clinic_promo.jpg
PHOENIX — The Arizona Game and Fish Department (AZGFD) is asking hunters for a bit more patience as staff continues to process a record number of draw applications for 2021 elk and pronghorn hunt permit-tags, as well as validate bonus points.

In recent years, AZGFD would have been expected to make draw results available by this time. This year, hunters submitted more than 170,000 draw applications, shattering last year’s record of more than 153,000. Another record: More than 214,000 applicants either applied for hunts or bonus points, compared to 194,000-plus in 2020.

As a result of the increased workload, hunters should know that AZGFD remains committed to ensuring the accuracy of draw results and providing quality customer service. The department will announce on its website and social media channels when draw results become available. All hunt permit-tags will be mailed by April 2.

In the meantime, some customers may not be able to view personal data (such as bonus points, submitted applications, bonus points, license purchases) in their AZGFD portal account at this time. AZGFD expects to resolve this inconvenience once the draw process has been completed and hunt permit-tags are issued. As a reminder, a customer’s receipt is verification that their application was received by the department.

AZGFD is aware that hunters are anxious to find out if an elk or pronghorn hunt permit-tag will have their name on it. To that point, there is no need to contact the department about draw results. Once again, AZGFD appreciates the patience and support of its valued customers.​

Bobbyboe

WKR
I just logged into my account. It show 0 points and no history of my applications! What's frustrating to me is, how can I, or they, guarantee that I am actually entered into the draw with the correct amount of points? Call me paranoid, but I find it very unlikely that hunters are being entered into the draw with the correct point totals this year....

I think its very fair and even expected that we are pissed. Its not that difficult. Why is AZ the only state that cant get it right? Its ridiculous that they (AZ fish and game) expect us to trust that the draw was conducted correctly without flaws when the portal doesn't even show applicants points or draw apps.

No draw yet. Disregard whatever you see, or do not see, in your portal. Fresh from the virtual press....

GAME AND FISH NEWS
March 8, 2021
AZGFD continues to process 2021 elk, pronghorn hunt draw applications
Pronghorn_photo_AAF_Hunter_Clinic_promo.jpg
PHOENIX — The Arizona Game and Fish Department (AZGFD) is asking hunters for a bit more patience as staff continues to process a record number of draw applications for 2021 elk and pronghorn hunt permit-tags, as well as validate bonus points.

In recent years, AZGFD would have been expected to make draw results available by this time. This year, hunters submitted more than 170,000 draw applications, shattering last year’s record of more than 153,000. Another record: More than 214,000 applicants either applied for hunts or bonus points, compared to 194,000-plus in 2020.

As a result of the increased workload, hunters should know that AZGFD remains committed to ensuring the accuracy of draw results and providing quality customer service. The department will announce on its website and social media channels when draw results become available. All hunt permit-tags will be mailed by April 2.

In the meantime, some customers may not be able to view personal data (such as bonus points, submitted applications, bonus points, license purchases) in their AZGFD portal account at this time. AZGFD expects to resolve this inconvenience once the draw process has been completed and hunt permit-tags are issued. As a reminder, a customer’s receipt is verification that their application was received by the department.

AZGFD is aware that hunters are anxious to find out if an elk or pronghorn hunt permit-tag will have their name on it. To that point, there is no need to contact the department about draw results. Once again, AZGFD appreciates the patience and support of its valued customers.​
Apps are entirely digital, so it definitely raises eyebrows that they are manually having to process them and validate bonus points. Humans tend to introduce errors when copying data, not safeguard from them.

The increase in apps doesn’t cut the mustard as the main reason for the delay as the delay has not been proportional to the ~15% increase in applications (and should only really have been milliseconds of query execution time, anyways).

My guess is that they are auditing the system, maybe reconstructing apps from receipts or calculating bonus points from draw history. If so, I want to know why they felt that was necessary.

In any case, I suspect there still would’ve been the same delay if there was no increase in applicants

I’m glad to see other people agree with me on this. I was getting my butt handed to me last week for being upset about the portal. A 10% increase in tags shouldn’t be causing a 10 day delay in cards being hit. It definitely seems there is more to it and I wish they’d be strait forward instead of just regurgitating the same message from 8 days ago. I don’t care how long it takes for them to do it right but transparency instead of what they’re doing would make everyone feel better.

ChiefO

FNG
I agree fellas. While I’m relatively new to the draw game, I’m less than encouraged that there is a valid and professional process in place in AZ.

hflier

WKR
Classified Approved
I’m glad to see other people agree with me on this. I was getting my butt handed to me last week for being upset about the portal. A 10% increase in tags shouldn’t be causing a 10 day delay in cards being hit. It definitely seems there is more to it and I wish they’d be strait forward instead of just regurgitating the same message from 8 days ago. I don’t care how long it takes for them to do it right but transparency instead of what they’re doing would make everyone feel better.
Exactly, they continue to say "nothing here, move along".