Arizona CC hits coming Friday...

BBob

WKR
True but it should be done in a timely fashion. Each day after the update deadline but before the card pulls is a (slight) risk your card gets skimmed or whatever and your bank closes it for fraudulent charges and screws up your draw.

Multiply that by 10-20k tags (or however many there are) and there’s bound to be at least a few affected
Lame, try again 😉

I get to troll you guys cause I’m old enough to have had the pleasure to wait months by the mailbox for my pink slip to tell me I didn’t draw 😀

You should also be thankful for the early draw that didn’t exist once upon a time. We used to get our archery antelope tags about 2 weeks before the hunt and elk tags about 4 weeks before the archery hunts. Talk about plenty of time to plan a hunt. You all have it good so don’t bitch too much.

Blackcow

WKR
I remember the same thing. And being stoked when they came out with the automated phone draw results. When it 1st came out, I remember spending hours dialing on a rotary phone, busy, hang up and re dial, busy......then we got a fancy push button with redial! That was a time saver lol. All paper apps, elk and antelope with deer, sheep etc, and all the prison inmates opening your sh*t and putting your check in one box, writing your s.s.# and address over here....
Not all that long ago

Thomas11

WKR
Why? AZ has never promised a credit card hit date, it's just what everyone expects now. The only thing they promise is to mail tags by I believe April 3rd.
Because they give you a deadline to update cards in an attempt to hit them the next day in order to avoid cars decline and then that doesn’t happen. Also it’s pretty embarrassing to their Game and fish depart to have all these w their system in relation to all these issues w ppl portal accts. Mass confusion

Lame, try again 😉

I get to troll you guys cause I’m old enough to have had the pleasure to wait months by the mailbox for my pink slip to tell me I didn’t draw 😀

You should also be thankful for the early draw that didn’t exist once upon a time. We used to get our archery antelope tags about 2 weeks before the hunt and elk tags about 4 weeks before the archery hunts. Talk about plenty of time to plan a hunt. You all have it good so don’t bitch too much.
Poor old timers, only having a few weeks to prepare for the hunts they were able to draw several times more often. How did you manage??? :eek:

Thomas11

WKR
I remember the same thing. And being stoked when they came out with the automated phone draw results. When it 1st came out, I remember spending hours dialing on a rotary phone, busy, hang up and re dial, busy......then we got a fancy push button with redial! That was a time saver lol. All paper apps, elk and antelope with deer, sheep etc, and all the prison inmates opening your sh*t and putting your check in one box, writing your s.s.# and address over here....
Not all that long ago
And we used to walk to school 5 miles one way in the snow. But now we have cars. I get what’s being said here but times are different and expectations are That you will have a user friendly efficient online platform these days. And there portal system seems to be a joke w all the problems it’s having and really always had. They say every time I’ve ever called them “don’t worry about the portal, it’s right in our system”. Well why have the damn thing if it’s wrong 80% of the time

come2elmo

WKR
Lame, try again 😉

My first thought was to make a crack about how back in your day before electicty and black powder you guys had to wade uphill both ways in the cold and snow just to get to your mailbox for your tags...then it dawned on me I had to do that a couple of weeks ago. I still can't get the damn black powder though!

Wapiti1

WKR
Yep, you guys need to be patient. And DO NOT piss those sweet ladies in the draw office off!
Careful, Steve, you have no idea how they identify themselves or what pronouns are legit. You can't be too careful these days. Especially when that person has your app in hand.

They are fine specimens of the human race.

Jeremy

Why? AZ has never promised a credit card hit date, it's just what everyone expects now. The only thing they promise is to mail tags by I believe April 3rd.

Because some peoples accounts show they applied, some show they havnt applied, some say they havnt even bought a license, some people’s points are gone, and some like me have a new additional point. All of that without any card hits and them asking for us to quit calling them to question them about the shit show. Oh and 18,000 new applicants out of no where. You’re right, shot show doesn’t even describe it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hflier

WKR
Classified Approved
They have missed the first rule of crisis management - communicate. People are generally understanding if they are given good information. Just talking in vague terms and trying to act like nothing is wrong is an error on their part. Just makes them look incompetent and like they are trying to CYA.

dsotm

Lil-Rokslider
Because it's 2021 and things should actually run smoothly with the technology we have these days. Their whole portal upgrade was a disaster from the start and they've had too much time to not have it fixed.

I'll be really curious to peel back the curtain and see what all has gone wrong this time around.

slick

WKR
Might as well sue them for undue stress this is causing some of you.

The way some are bitching and moaning I wouldn’t be surprised if they did.

AZGF doesnt want all of you calling because they know something is wrong and having to sit an explain it to everyone doesn’t help them any.

Hold tight. Cry in your beer when they don’t meet the deadline they’ve held for issuing tags.

It used to be so much fun getting a archery bull tag every year with my Darton Maverick in my hand. In the 90's it was one of the best. I would still hunt with one if I could get a damn tag.

Might as well sue them for undue stress this is causing some of you.

The way some are bitching and moaning I wouldn’t be surprised if they did.

AZGF doesnt want all of you calling because they know something is wrong and having to sit an explain it to everyone doesn’t help them any.

Hold tight. Cry in your beer when they don’t meet the deadline they’ve held for issuing tags.

If they don’t want us calling then they should fix the problems and be transparent with what’s going on. Until then I’m calling for an explanation when my account shows issues that may prevent me from drawing a probally once in a lifetime tag that I’ve spent $160 a year on for over a decade. I’m glad you can be leisurely about this but there’s not elk tag I care about more than AZ and I’m not going to take it easy and care free.

slick

WKR
Well good thing you’re still at the mercy of their system and hate to break it to you But calling doesn’t help speed the process up.

I’m not saying they shouldn’t be transparent about the issues at hand but what do you want them to say...

“the third party contract we have with an outside entity for our software program had a couple brackets in their code facing the wrong way”

It still doesn’t get you a tag any faster. Patience is a virtue. I understand the desirability and the monetary value and the potential experience at stake but chill.