Arizona CC hits coming Friday...

wapitibob

WKR
The portal isn't connected to the applicant database, never has been. You didn't apply thru the portal, your application info is just fine.

The portal isn't connected to the applicant database, never has been. You didn't apply thru the portal, your application info is just fine.

I’d be okay with that if there wasn’t a page that literally says “sorry you didn’t apply”. They shouldn’t have messed with the system. If they do the draw as is with a bunch of peoples accounts saying they didn’t draw there will be a mess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wapitibob

WKR
I’d be okay with that if there wasn’t a page that literally says “sorry you didn’t apply”. They shouldn’t have messed with the system. If they do the draw as is with a bunch of peoples accounts saying they didn’t draw there will be a mess.

Because you're in the portal, which isn't able to look at your application history in the application database, therefore it says you didn't apply.

Ever apply before they created the portal? The only proof of applying was the receipt.

Because you're in the portal, which isn't able to look at your application history in the application database, therefore it says you didn't apply.

Ever apply before they created the portal? The only proof of applying was the receipt.

Yeah I’m well aware, I have 15 points. But now there is a “portal” and it says I haven’t applied and they’re just going to run the draw anyways and that bothers me.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Yeah I’m well aware, I have 15 points. But now there is a “portal” and it says I haven’t applied and they’re just going to run the draw anyways and that bothers me.

The two aren't even connected at this point, so it doesn't matter what it says in the portal. It's like a credit or debit card payment. The transaction when you swipe gets approved but might not show in your online statement until day/s later. My Cabela's CC is like that. If I want to check if I was drawn, I have to call. Otherwise, it shows a couple days later.

Pretty simple, there is one system for the transaction and then another for the reporting.

Then why have the portal at all? All it’s doing is causing issues. Everyone can say what they want but I won’t be surprised when every single person who’s account says that doesn’t draw or AZFG says they messed the whole thing up and we need to reapply.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Then why have the portal at all? All it’s doing is causing issues. Everyone can say what they want but I won’t be surprised when every single person who’s account says that doesn’t draw or AZFG says they messed the whole thing up and we need to reapply.

It's only causing issues because people want to make an issue out of it.

greaseywater

Lil-Rokslider

The portal makes keeping track of points and application history simple for most of the year. It means we all don't have to call up AZGFD to get or confirm the information.

There is always a delay between CC hits and the portal update. The delay in charging credit cards, if the draw is already complete on the internal system, hasn't been addressed yet. Maybe I missed it.

The bugs this year are annoying. I don't like seeing that I didn't put in apps, when I know I did. But the department addressed it. I have my receipts. If there are mistakes, I'm sure they'll be fixed.

Wapiti1

WKR
The portal is just a window and it's currently covered in mud. That's fine with me because having a divorced system ensures, or at least go a long way to ensuring, that there isn't a hacking or other outside event. If that happens to the main servers, well, your CC info is fair game and your points don't matter.

The portal just receives updates, but can't talk back to the main servers for security reasons. That is fine with me. They'll figure it out and you'll all see Unsuccessful soon enough.

Jeremy

The portal is just a window and it's currently covered in mud. That's fine with me because having a divorced system ensures, or at least go a long way to ensuring, that there isn't a hacking or other outside event. If that happens to the main servers, well, your CC info is fair game and your points don't matter.

The portal just receives updates, but can't talk back to the main servers for security reasons. That is fine with me. They'll figure it out and you'll all see Unsuccessful soon enough.

Jeremy

My issue is we have no way to know if what we’re seeing through that window is true or not. It’s possible my application isn’t in there and I’ll never know until it’s too late. We just have to blindly trust what they’re telling us when they could just fix the portal before doing the draw. It’s that simple. I don’t care how long it takes.

casady

FNG
Its beats than the Old Phone system -- you would still be calling and get a busy signal for a week or so. In addition the old paper system which if I remember used AZ prison inmates to input the data into the draw system .

So its messed up once in a few years, still superior than the old phone or mail card system and you expect too much from a Government agency.

Just use a CC that gives you a txt as soon as it is processed and no- worries you will know when it happens and don't look at the portal for a few weeks after to find out what tag you received -- don't count on a Government system or the Cabela's CC even though its a Capital one it does not work the same as a normal Capital one card.

wapitibob

WKR
No it’s causing issues because it’s screwed up. I can’t believe people can be so nonchalant about this.

Some of us aren't twisted because we know what the portal is and what it can and can't do. As to why even have it, it used to work but was slow to update. Their super IT guy f'd it up trying to create the next best thing and as I've said a cpl times, unplug the damn thing because customers can't grasp the fact that it's nothing but "a portal".

You didn't apply thru the portal, cc aren't updated thru the portal, you can add an addl username thru the portal and change an email but that's it.

SDHNTR

WKR
I’d be thrilled if states went back to paper apps and proclamations and if you actually had to read something and analyze the stats in a book yourself to figure out where to apply. The whole process is way too easy these days and it’s why our odds have gone to hell. The truly dedicated used to be rewarded. I miss those days!

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
You guys are so patient. It inspired me to erase a half dozen replies to this thread. I will not be sucked in.

Season isn’t until September, so what’s a couple weeks in March? Take your time AZ, do it right.