Arizona CC hits coming Friday...

I guess I'm not as frustrated as a lot of people. Many other states wait a lot longer to give out elk results than Arizona which gives them time to correct any errors. Wyoming elk is a three and half month wait this year following the app deadline (though you can mod your app much later), Utah is nearly two and a half months, Colorado is two months, New Mexico is about a month typically. Arizona we were figuring 17 days from the app deadline to credit card hits, which doesn't leave a lot of room for error, and on a year where they made some changes. They could certainly be more transparent, but what do you expect? I'll tell you what I expect, and that's to be disappointed I didn't draw again. I can't imagine I'm in the minority on that one.

Seriously though they should hit cards before the NM deadline or I'm going to actually start getting mad.

Yea boys AZ sucks, front the non refundable 165$ nonresident hunting license and then just get the run around.

Let's stop applying and hit their revenues, that'll show em. If apps decrease 25% it'll make that govt agency rethink the whole thing...

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Yea boys AZ sucks, front the non refundable 165$ nonresident hunting license and then just get the run around.

Let's stop applying and hit their revenues, that'll show em. If apps decrease 25% it'll make that govt agency rethink the whole thing...

If you can get 25% of applicants to not put in for the draw next year let me know so I can apply in AZ.

Trial153

WKR
They are up and running, results anyway now. Their Amazon order came in.
25c85fb14531af49542e515ee573c4de.jpg

apkleinschmidt

Lil-Rokslider
Boy, if I had 10-20 points I'd be on edge about any kind of manual/reconstructed point history. Hell, I'm nervous about them getting my measley 3 pts right and they have very recent transaction data/receipts for my apps.

I'm no coding/engineering whiz but I can't imagine 174,000 applications is much of a strain for a modern day automated computer system. It's almost impressive they've managed to bungle this so badly.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

KineKilla

WKR

While getting this to happen is far from likely you are on the right track.

NR price hikes, reduced opportunity, etc. Will continue to be the way in all states.

The only thing states will listen to is if it can hit them in their wallet. Not likely but would be effective.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Boy, if I had 10-20 points I'd be on edge about any kind of manual/reconstructed point history. Hell, I'm nervous about them getting my measley 3 pts right and they have very recent transaction data/receipts for my apps.

I'm no coding/engineering whiz but I can't imagine 174,000 applications is much of a strain for a modern day automated computer system. It's almost impressive they've managed to bungle this so badly.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
I am never surprised at how badly a government agency can screw things up. It's just typical of any government (local all the way to federal) take a process that should be fairly simple, make it as difficult as possible and then eff it all up when it comes time to show results.

Tbonespop

Lil-Rokslider
Just bumping thread that I have NOT gotten a CC hit yet nor has the website been updated. I'm not overly worried about it as much as others are, but thought I would update that I haven't seen any hits yet of either form. Did get an update from AZGF yesterday saying to be patience (patient). Thought that spelling was weird...anyway, looks like we will all have to wait a little longer. Hopefully we will know by the weekend.

AP577

FNG
No draw yet. Disregard whatever you see, or do not see, in your portal. Fresh from the virtual press....

GAME AND FISH NEWS
March 8, 2021
AZGFD continues to process 2021 elk, pronghorn hunt draw applications

Pronghorn_photo_AAF_Hunter_Clinic_promo.jpg
PHOENIX — The Arizona Game and Fish Department (AZGFD) is asking hunters for a bit more patience as staff continues to process a record number of draw applications for 2021 elk and pronghorn hunt permit-tags, as well as validate bonus points.

In recent years, AZGFD would have been expected to make draw results available by this time. This year, hunters submitted more than 170,000 draw applications, shattering last year’s record of more than 153,000. Another record: More than 214,000 applicants either applied for hunts or bonus points, compared to 194,000-plus in 2020.

As a result of the increased workload, hunters should know that AZGFD remains committed to ensuring the accuracy of draw results and providing quality customer service. The department will announce on its website and social media channels when draw results become available. All hunt permit-tags will be mailed by April 2.

In the meantime, some customers may not be able to view personal data (such as bonus points, submitted applications, bonus points, license purchases) in their AZGFD portal account at this time. AZGFD expects to resolve this inconvenience once the draw process has been completed and hunt permit-tags are issued. As a reminder, a customer’s receipt is verification that their application was received by the department.

AZGFD is aware that hunters are anxious to find out if an elk or pronghorn hunt permit-tag will have their name on it. To that point, there is no need to contact the department about draw results. Once again, AZGFD appreciates the patience and support of its valued customers.​
Thanks for the update!

Beendare

WKR
They are blaming it on the additional flood of applications- BS, my bet is it has to do with the complete changing of their system that they did in December That was a disaster.

I was down there trying to get a license in Dec and it was a nightmare because of their system upgrade. I talked to a gal in AZFG and she told me The new system is a mess.

AP577

FNG
They are blaming it on the additional flood of applications- BS, my bet is it has to do with the complete changing of their system that they did in December That was a disaster.

I was down there trying to get a license in Dec and it was a nightmare because of their system upgrade. I talked to a gal in AZFG and she told me The new system is a mess.
I agree. When I went to submit for the draw I couldn’t login, was on hold for 45 minutes and was able to login, but system showed I had no bonus points

452b264

Lil-Rokslider
My portal shows that I havent bought a hunting license in three or four years but I have every year, it hasnt had my bonus points right in fours years (it is now) but I drew a late bull tag three years ago. If you call into the automated system to check your bonus points they are all there. You dont need a portal to apply and draw a tag never have, you dont have to use it for your apps.

MtGomer

WKR
Competent IT Professionals don’t work for state agencies for mediocre wages. These things should be contracted out to the private sector. Sure that costs money, but what does all of the screw ups and customer service time cost?

applying in Utah is like selecting salad, pizza, breadsticks and chicken wings online from a menus and paying at the end. Resource Systems from Las Vegas is their contractor. AZ Should use them.

OP
Tony Trietch

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
I like the app service that NV uses too, lot of good options out there. Wonder how many people lost or will lose their jobs over this embarrassing goof.

Conversation at AZGFD years ago regarding the draw:

Person: Let's come up with a way to reward those applicants who are loyally applying every year, to give them a better chance of getting tags.

Person 2: Yea, like bonus points. The more points they have, the better chance they have of drawing a tag.

Person: I like that idea, but it's too easy. We will give them bonus points, then we will divide the bonus points by 6, multiply that number by 2 and then take the natural log of that number and assign that as their random application number.

Person 2: Wouldn't it be easier just to put everyone's name in the draw, and the more points they have, the more times they are in the draw?

Person: Yes, but we are the government, we can't do anything the easy way. Besides, my cousins, husbands, daughters ex college roommate took a computer coding class and he says he can write a program for it on his home computer and it will do all the work for us. And it should work, 60% of the time, and get it half right.

Person 2: WTF?

Person: Glad you are on board, let's get this rolling.

AZGFD has moved the deadline to update your CC to Friday the 12th at 5:00 pm. Just got the email.
Hopefully that means they plan to hit cards shortly after 5 PM or maybe the next morning. I’ll just be glad if it’s before the NM deadline

Eli80

FNG
I’m glad they did that also. The stress level of a lot of folks has been way too high