Arizona Coues, Quail & Javelina - Winter Fun

Randy Newberg

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Southern Arizona in January is the essence of pure hunting fun. Not sure what I could be doing that time of the year that would give me more pleasure. If I find a better replacement, I'll be filming it.

Part 1 is now live on YouTube.

OP
R

Randy Newberg

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Part 2 of 7 is now live.

How many times have you hiked all over the landscape, blown a stalk or two, only to have a close encounter right near where you parked the truck? Doesn't happen much with elk, at least for me, but with deer it seems to be a common occurrence. You'd think I would start paying attention to that pattern. But, that would imply I am smart enough to pay attention, a fact I disprove on a daily basis.

OP
R

Randy Newberg

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Part 3 of 7 is now live. The javelina and antelope jackrabbits are the targets of opportunity on this day.

OP
R

Randy Newberg

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Part 4 of 7 is now live.

I've always wanted to see falcons in action. Even more impressive than I anticipated.

Bkottke35

WKR
Great series Randy. Your channel is one of the best out there. Keep having fun!

OP
R

Randy Newberg

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Sorry for the delays. Was too busy telling BS stories with Ryan and Tanya at Wild Sheep Show.

Part 5 is live at the link below.

OP
R

Randy Newberg

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Part 6 of 7 is now live. The term "Ghosts" is an understatement.

OP
R

Randy Newberg

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Part 7 of 7 is now live.

Can I get an arrow in a buck bedded 34 yards away?

Randy, have you seriously considered hunting coues with a rifle? I'd follow the Marcus route because it's ridiculously hard to stalk in bow range of those little devils. I kind of get the sense that you just enjoy the archery challenge and aren't as worried about putting one on the ground, which is great.

I had a nice time watching with my grandpa who hunted coues pretty hard back in the 1960s to 1980s.

OP
R

Randy Newberg

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
....... I kind of get the sense that you just enjoy the archery challenge and aren't as worried about putting one on the ground, which is great........

That would be an accurate statement. Someday I will rifle hunt them, just for the different experience, but the challenge of archery, with a camera guy in tow, is about as tough as anything I've tried. If I ever do succeed with a bow, the celebration will be heard for miles.

No animals in Southern Arizona. Sun burnt, dehydrated, and poked by something sharp is all you’ll come back with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miahjera

FNG
Man, this is an awesome little series. I'm planning a hunt in southern AZ this coming January for couse and javelina. I can't wait! It's going to be quite the challenge...