Arizona does away with auction tags

MattB

WKR
By "informed decision" you mean agree with you. LOL Give it a rest bud, you aren't gonna convince anyone. Time will tell. If in 5 years, AZGFD has a funding shortfall of 2 million dollars, you can say I told you so. If they do not, you are gonna have to eat Raven.
By informed opinion, I mean just that. Many here haven’t even taken the time to understand how the dollars are spent and how those projects have the ability to impact game numbers. Some seem strangely resistant, as though having full information might challenge their preconceptions.

Me? I just want to draw a desert sheep tag in my lifetime and believe I understand the path that gives me the best chance at that.

OP
realunlucky

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
By informed opinion, I mean just that. Many here haven’t even taken the time to understand how the dollars are spent and how those projects have the ability to impact game numbers. Some seem strangely resistant, as though having full information might challenge their preconceptions.

Me? I just want to draw a desert sheep tag in my lifetime and believe I understand the path that gives me the best chance at that.
Curious what is the percentage of decrease you forsee to your chances of drawing a desert sheep tag with this policy change from one auction sheep tag to one lottery sheep tag?

The best path is too become wealthy and buy next year's last auction tag. After that, I can use some guy's same logic of adding a tag or 2 each year is NOT going to increase your odds enough to matter.

Not sure too many would dispute that $$$ helps with conservation. Most dispute that auction is the best or only way to achieve that extra $$$ for said conservation projects. Imagine trying something new and it works?