Arizona Elk Multi Unit Late Season Help

Behlftball

Lil-Rokslider
Hi,

I drew my first AZ tag. It's the multi unit any elk 17a 17b 18b 19b 20a 20c late season hunt. I know this is limited opportunity and not a lot of elk but the success rates are good (in comparison to otc elk hunts).

I'm familiar with the area as my wife's parents have a home in Wickenburg and I've been in that area quite a bit with my atv and Jeep.

Any advice on the hunt? I'm hoping to go down for 2 weeks around the opener and then the last 2 weeks (planning to bring my wife and kids down to her parents house for awhile). Feel to pm.

From what I've gathered: glass a lot, check water holes for sign, hunt next to a few private ranches, snow in the later season can push them in.

Dwnw/theAltitudesickness

Lil-Rokslider
Spent 5 years in that area. Find the nastiest roughest stuff you can find. If it seems like there is to many boulders, you might be surprised. I always found them late season in the worst canyons imaginable.

bparrish

FNG
Hi,

I drew my first AZ tag. It's the multi unit any elk 17a 17b 18b 19b 20a 20c late season hunt. I know this is limited opportunity and not a lot of elk but the success rates are good (in comparison to otc elk hunts).

I'm familiar with the area as my wife's parents have a home in Wickenburg and I've been in that area quite a bit with my atv and Jeep.

Any advice on the hunt? I'm hoping to go down for 2 weeks around the opener and then the last 2 weeks (planning to bring my wife and kids down to her parents house for awhile). Feel to pm.

From what I've gathered: glass a lot, check water holes for sign, hunt next to a few private ranches, snow in the later season can push them in.
Hey there. Did you get any additional info on this Unit? PM if you are willing to share. Thank you.

OP
Behlftball

Behlftball

Lil-Rokslider
Hi,

Not any unit specific data other than the advice above. AZFG does post on their website unit specific areas and I marked them out on a map as a starting point.

sidex

FNG
Hi
How was your hunt?
Any luck?
I have the same tag. I’m hunting second half of the season .

OP
Behlftball

Behlftball

Lil-Rokslider
I shot a raghorn day 6 of the hunt. The elk are sparse and nomadic. There's very little fresh sign. You could get lucky and glass one up right away but my guess is you will have to hike into remote pockets especially as the season has been open for weeks. Theres been a lot of rain so I wouldn't focus on water. There is water at the bottom of every drainage and all the creeks were running. There is also good feed on every hillside.

Good luck

sidex

FNG
Thanks for the info
I’ve been running the ridges for six day
I haven’t seen elk yet . I didn’t hear any shots. I have couple more days to try .
It’s been tough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk