Arizona Lifetime Bonus Point-Online Course Review

dsotm

Lil-Rokslider
I did not consider the youth element. But it seems they could eliminate that with different classes vs this mess. Make a youth only or resident hunter Ed class. And a bi monthly/quarterly field day open to anyone. Yes it would fill up quick as well, or reserve 50% of the class space for youth hunters ans release those spaces a week prior. Much more logical solutions than this one in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They could make a lot more money if they'd open their Phoenix gun range to pre China virus rules. Field days are problematic as well because they're still taking this nonsense too seriously.

BigDawgWill44

Lil-Rokslider
So just to confirm, no field day required? I was going to plan a trip in February but if I can do this class without the field day that saves vacation days for more time hunting.

baz77

WKR
So just to confirm, no field day required? I was going to plan a trip in February but if I can do this class without the field day that saves vacation days for more time hunting.

yup no field day pay your 300$ take the online course and get your point..

Cschlimm

FNG
Started the online bonus point course today was just curious from anyone that took it if the Test questions were all picked questions from the quizzes?

2rsquared

Lil-Rokslider
Not for me. The test had a different set of questions than the quizzes.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

BigTree

FNG
Has anyone taken the course recently?
Looking into this and as I read the info on their site, a bonus point field test day is required.

Id love to be wrong and hope nothing has changed in the past 1.5 years.

wapitibob

WKR
Looking into this and as I read the info on their site, a bonus point field test day is required.

this is not a hunter ed class, so there is no field day

Last edited:

Weldor

WKR
I live here, and I don't want to give the wrong impression. It's about the money. The point system here is it's own animal. I have friends who have drawn a early bull rifle tag with 0 points. I also have friends who have 20 plus points for the same hunts and can't get drawn. Thats 20 years my friends, that's along time to wait. It seems to me you could save money by getting a lifetime license. I have lived here 40 plus years and drawn 7 Elk tags. I usually hunt out of state because it's hard to get a tag here. That said the hunting is usually pretty good when you do get a tag. Good luck to all.

dsotm

Lil-Rokslider

You're on the wrong page

Dwnw/theAltitudesickness

Lil-Rokslider
Moved to AZ 12 years ago, thought it was weird they didn't accept the previous states hunters ed cert for the point process. Back then required a field day as well. Finding open field days was very difficult. Was able to hit the Ben Avery Exp one year and AZGFD was doing field days & test. Decided to come back with the wife the next day and we both did it. .... they have since stopped doing the field days at the annual expo.

As a resident- would agree this is a money making adventure for them. If moving form a different state (and already having hunters safety), this program is helpful.

I took the course right after they made it possible to do it online. It was very easy, I felt bad for the folks who traveled to do it in the past. It’s not really an advantage now, more something you have to do to keep pace.