Arizona meat donation.

Bobbyboe

WKR
Trying to figure out if there is any program set up to donate wild game meat in Arizona. I'll be down in January for archery and would prefer to donate the meat if possible. Tucson area.

def90

WKR
There’s a nationwide group called Hunters for the Hungry that could probably help. I believe that you have to provide them a processed animal so you would be liable for processing costs. Probably organizations that work with the various tribes in Arizona that might have something as well.

BFR

WKR
You can also call some processors where you’re going and see what programs are available. I know that here in Montana the processors donate their fees if all of the meat is donated.

OP
Bobbyboe

Bobbyboe

WKR
Thanks for the ideas. I’ll look into both. I have a line with a guy who is looking for meat, which is really ideal. I just want to line up several locations that take meat, so that if plan A fails, I’m not left scrambling.

I don’t have an issue paying for processing, I just want to make sure the meat goes to someone or a group who needs and enjoys if.