Arizona mule deer

Deadfall

WKR
Hows the muke deer population in Arizona? Thinking about a road trip this winter with my bow. Most likely take a trip just to see the country.

OP
Deadfall

Deadfall

WKR
IDK. Dont really plan that out. Never been to Arizona for mule deer. Mostly just want to see the country. Might spend a minth down there poking around.

OP
Deadfall

Deadfall

WKR
thats what i love about otc. Can go poke around and if you find somewhere you want to hunt then you can. If not then just bird watching...lol

tradman

Lil-Rokslider
I've been seeing plenty of deer. I was out and about for the past 5 days trad hunting. Been in 11M, 7, and 22. Taking a break for the day then heading back out Friday morning.

OP
Deadfall

Deadfall

WKR
right on. Pretty sure I'll poking around somewhere in Arizona this winter...lol...

jonathond

FNG
I've been seeing plenty of deer. I was out and about for the past 5 days trad hunting. Been in 11M, 7, and 22. Taking a break for the day then heading back out Friday morning.
@tradman (and anyone else) I've been in unit 7 since otc started. I've got a methodology question for you, as I'm relatively new to archery hunting. I've spotted a few bucks in an area with pretty dense pine and aspen cover. Before the sun hits the meadow they munch on in the mornings, they withdraw to those woods and stay there what seems like the whole day. Are you stillhunting in those units? How do you follow a buck to where they are bedding? I don't really know what to do once they hit the forest edge. Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

tradman

Lil-Rokslider
Glad to help anyway I can. It sounds like you've got them patterned down. You can try getting in there area prior to them getting in there. Unless they are spooked or pushed out. They will stay in the area. Last weekend I was in the lower elevations. North of rd 418 in 7e. Seen a few bucks in there.

J.Wells

Lil-Rokslider
Oh yeah this is a hunt I was definitely wanting to check out!!!!!

It would work a lot better if it quit raining every afternoon. I am tied up and in phone calls in the morning so I'm only be able to get out in the afternoon. Been here since Tuesday and it has rained almost every afternoon. I am running around the flat six miles north of you chasing javelina.

Shoot me a pm.

tradman

Lil-Rokslider
It would work a lot better if it quit raining every afternoon. I am tied up and in phone calls in the morning so I'm only be able to get out in the afternoon. Been here since Tuesday and it has rained almost every afternoon. I am running around the flat six miles north of you chasing javelina.
Nice. Im all set and ready to head up at 0300. Plan to be out there another 4 or 5 days. Looks like more afternoon showers are predicted.