Arizona Super Raffle

I buy raffle tickets every year for just about every Western State. The way it's going seems like my odds are better winning a raffle tag than drawing.

In November I got a call from the Arizona Super Raffle and I had won what they called the "Jaw's and Paw's" Arizona Super Raffle.

This gives me a Bear + Mt Lion + Javelina tag, 1 tag for each species that's good more/less statewide from August 15th of 2021 through August 14th of 2022. It also came with 7 day's of fully guided hunting to use however I see fit. I can think of a couple of other Arizona Super Raffles I would have love to won, but hey Beggers can't be choosers.

I intend to use the 7 day's of guided hunt to target the lion. The Mt Lion is on my bucket list and I'm and although I've gone several times here in Colorado I'm yet to connect. Also, something about chasing cat's when it's not zero degrees out and snow to your knees sounds pretty apearling.

We'll see what happens but I'm guessing I'll be on my own when it comes time for the Bear. I haven't started researching yet, and I'm not ready to ask for any advice.

Just thought it was a pretty cool opportunity and I would post it up to the community and share my good fortune.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
I was hoping for that one. That is exactly what I would do, guided lion, then go DIY for bears. AZ bears LOVE prickly pear cactus fruit. Pick a unit and get high and glass early fall.

saguaro1

FNG
right on, congrats man! please give us a follow up story of how your hunt went!

Traindriver

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve got some great javelina coordinates just north of Phoenix about an hour. Should be pretty easy to get one. Congrats and let me know if you’re needing them to punch that tag.

OP
S
It was an awesome adventure.

I ended up shooting a really nice Tom on the 3rd day of the hunt (2 weeks ago).

I'm going back in the Spring to get the Bear and Javalina, I broke the hunt up due to some work obligations.

I can't say enough good about Derringer Outfitters. Sam, Scotty and the entire family were just awesome people.

I'll be going back someday to chase lions again, was truly awesome.

Rogue Bay

WKR
That sounds incredible! A lion hunt is at the top of my bucket list. I booked for next winter and can’t wait!

So what are your thoughts on dry land hound hunts? I’m really intrigued by that. What kind of mount are you going to do? So many questions! 🤣

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
It was an awesome adventure.

I ended up shooting a really nice Tom on the 3rd day of the hunt (2 weeks ago).

I'm going back in the Spring to get the Bear and Javalina, I broke the hunt up due to some work obligations.

I can't say enough good about Derringer Outfitters. Sam, Scotty and the entire family were just awesome people.

I'll be going back someday to chase lions again, was truly awesome.
Excellent and thanks for the report on the outfitters here.

Post a pic or six if you can.

Eddie