Arizona Unit 1 early archery diy and camp

P&Y3times

FNG
Is anyone else going to be there for the early archery. Thinking about my camp. Worried about leaving camp unattended on Federal ground so considering going to campground. What are your thoughts?

Blackcats06

Lil-Rokslider
Very little issues in unit 1 with leaving camp unattended during the day. You'd probably have more issues at a developed camp ground! Lots of places to camp that cant be seen from the road!

Hucker

Lil-Rokslider
I agree. I would be more worried about leaving stuff in a camp ground. I have camped on national forest land for years without problem. Lock up important (expensive) goodies, and don't worry about the rest. Tent, sleeping bag, etc. should be safe. Lock generators, etc. Keep the honest, honest. But seriously, don't worry about this much.

elkocd

Lil-Rokslider
I will be there for my sons early archery hunt. I've been in thru 1 and hunted 27 before. I wouldn't worry about camp too much. Lots of places and I didn't see anything that made believe it was any different than camping while hunting anywhere else.

mmac

WKR
I have spent a pretty good amount of time in 1 looking for elk and camping there and echo that a camp outside of a campground is less likely to have 2 legged guests or 4 legged ones for that matter.

pirogue

WKR
If the economy is not back on its feet by then, a lot of places are going to be different than the past. Heck, some camps in NM get raided in a good economy.

AZ_J

FNG
I will be there for my dad and hopefully myself for early archery if enough tags get returned. I wouldn't worry about people coming into your camp unless its forest rangers checking camp fire pits.

OP
P

P&Y3times

FNG
I booked a camp site at a campground near big lake. Feel like my things will be more secure and now I have electricity for my cpap, toilet and shower.

Catahoula

WKR
I spent over 25 years hunting Az. Although not unit 1. I felt comfortable leaving camp unattended And never had an issue. That’s not to say that some lowlife won’t steal things. I always camped on NF lands and just made sure I locked up any valuable in the truck. You should be good....

I drew the early archery tag in unit 1 and its my first time in this unit. I am planning to have a very mobile camp with just me to worry about at this time. The research continues :)