Arizona unit 27 mule deer

swampdog

FNG
Im planning my first archery mule deer hunt in unit 27 for January 2019. I've read over everything I can find on the unit on the G&F website and have scoured the forums for everything I could find. Was hoping some of you guys may have some advice for good places to set up camp? We'll be in a wall tent as one of my buddies that's going to be going is getting a bit too old to be backpack hunting. I was hoping to find somewhere to set up where he could hunt within a 30 minute walk or so of camp. I'm planning to bring my backpacking gear and will probably spike out for a few nights aways out as that is how I prefer to hunt.

I've found 4 main areas south of the rim that all look appealing to me, I'm just hoping to find a good spot to set up camp where my buddy will have a chance to get into some deer.

I'm actually driving from Oklahoma tomorrow morning (6/30/2018) to go do some pre-scouting for campsites/hunting areas. If anyone would be willing to share some general info I'd love to check them out while I'm down there.

Thanks in advance and feel free to PM me.

How was your hunt in Jan. I am planning on going to the same unit in Jan 2020?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tradman

Lil-Rokslider
Not sure of spots but my brother has been scouting 27 for the past 3 weekends. Hes been seeing lots of deer and some smaller bucks.

KHNC

WKR
My guess is swampdog is never to be heard from again. lol

work765

WKR
Following. I’m planning on being in AZ for late archery as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NoWiser

WKR
Look at his post history. He was here for free info on multiple hunts and nothing else.